• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • City:Monument
  • State:Colorado
  • What year is your 968?:1992
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

My wife has posted her photos from Escape here http://picasaweb.goo...oto/2008Escape#

Enjoy.

#62 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts
  • City:Bucks County
  • State:Pennsylvania
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 27 September 2008 - 04:34 AM

THanks Chris,

I posted the 2 pictures from Bob Blackwell in the gallery section (really great shots!).

Regards,

Jay

#63 Seadweller23

968 Forums Member

• Advocate
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:59 AM

Interesting pics. What do you think of the checker paint scheme?

Attached Files

#64 hot968

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

Very disappointed in the turn out so far for the 2008 968 Celebration. We have 18 968 participants registered to date. You will miss out on a very good time if you skip this one. Some of the door prizes are: Replacement Grill (top and bottem) made from braided stainless steel, black in color - complements of Doug Foster; As new pair of white cotton gloves that came in the underhood glove compartment in 1993 and 1992 - complements of Bob Blackwell; As new Porsche shop rag that came in the underhood glove compartment in 1992 and 1993 - complements of Bob Blackwell; As new Sunroof Storage webbing, black web, that came with the 968 when delivered - complements of Bob Blackwell. We have some exciting events scheduled in some very unique locations for your enjoyment. Sign up soon, Bob Blackwell.

WOW! new service gloves and service rag!! boy I wish I could have gone to the Celebration! Would you happen to have any more? I have been trying to find a pair of these for years. You wouldn't have a new cirgerette lighter with the flame image would you? Oh and a pair of the pliers that came in the tool kit. Ginger

#65 bob blackwell

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:39 AM

Sorry, that was all I had and I don't have any extra pliars or cigarette lighter. Be patient and you will find them. Good luck, Bob Blackwell.

#66 rxter

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:03 AM

My wife has posted her photos from Escape here http://picasaweb.goo...oto/2008Escape#

Enjoy.

Please pass along my compliments to your wife. Her photog skills are not inconsiderable. My favorites

1) the sunset with the P's in the foreground
2) the line up of angry red 968s
3) the lonely, lonely 944 on the hill - that shot actually made me sad for the guy

Looks like a gorgeous setting - I can't believe they let you drive on a golf course...

And I dig the checkered flag bra - unique

Edited by rxter, 29 September 2008 - 10:04 AM.

#67 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • City:Hershey
  • State:PA
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:14 PM

Bob, Dan and Kathleen,

I have been incapacitated (with sick grandkids and other issues :) ) for a while and have not checked Forums for a while.

Great job with the 968 Celebration at Escape, I love the racing design on the front of Bob's 968, we have a fellow in the Central Pa Region that did a similar thing with his 356. They both look great.

Things have quieted down a bit so I will try to get back in the groove.

Don in Hershey :P

#68 bob blackwell

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:21 AM

Good to hear from you again Don, we did have a good time at the PCA Escape & 968 Celebration. You would have enjoyed it I am sure. All three of my kids have moved back to Albuquerque from Texas so I am enjoying my Grand kids much more as well. Looking forward to seeing you at a future event again. Maybe Parade in Colorado? Bob.

#69 bob blackwell

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:54 AM

Don, if you have any connection/influence with Tom Charlesworth I would appreciate a reminder to him that he has let us down twice with respect to our 968 Celebration. He did not show up or deliver his Tech Session as promised and to add insult to injury, he never followed up on his promise to send all attendees (and you) a coy of the Tech Session on disc. Most disappointing and embarrassing for the organizers too! Have a Happy Holiday Season and good luck, Bob Blackwell.

#70 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • City:Hershey
  • State:PA
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

Hey Bob,

Tom has never let me or the 968 Register down before and I am disappointed to hear that he did not show, especially since he took my room reservation that I gave him. I will contact him but please let me know specifically what his planned topics were, and what he specifically promised to send. This info will allow me to be prepared when I call him.

Thanks.

Don
dhassenbein@comcast.net

#71 bob blackwell

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:01 AM

Don, I understood that he was doing a repeat of the Tech Session he previously did at a 968 Event about preparing and maintaining your 968 to retain the value for the future. When Tom was unable to attend due to the sale of his house, he volunteered to send all who were interested in the Tech Session a copy of his presentation on disc. Good luck, Bob Blackwell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.