• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • City:Normandy Park
  • State:WA
  • What year is your 968?:1992
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

Alright then...I will look to reserve the site for Sunday August 7th and post again once setup....

#22 Simuse

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:42 AM

Okay guys - we're set...still room so hopefully we get a few more people who can join.

--------------------------------------------

Booking Details

Reference Number:24470167801
PartySize:25
Full:25
Arrival:Sun Aug 7 2011
Departure:Sun Aug 7 2011

Site / Campground / Dates

S2-North Shelter
Facility
Sun Aug 7 2011 - Sun Aug 7 2011

--------------------------------------------

#23 PhilG968

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • City:Vancouver
  • State:British Columbia Canada
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

I'm confirmed. Its in my book.

#24 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • City:Hershey
  • State:PA
  • What year is your 968?:1994

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

It is great to see 968 owners setting up 968 events!

There may be some other 968 owners in the Washington State area that would be interested in attending (there were 7 back in 2008 when I had the PCA 968 Register). You may want to check with Jeff (Mint Green Cab) to see if he will provide the current email addresses for Washington State members so that you can notify them, in case they did not see your post here. According to Jeff at Hershey, there are now 350 members of the PCA 968 Register so there may be more owners who want to go to your event.

Good luck with your event!

#25 DaveN

968 Forums Addict

• Booster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts
  • City:Campbell River
  • State:British Columbia
  • What year is your 968?:1993
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Coupe (1993)
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:20 PM

Sunday is good for me as my wife works Saturday and I assume she would like to come, If not my son the "Enthusiast of the Year 2010" should be more that eager to fill the co-pilot seat.

#26 SILVY968

Silvy968

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • City:Sammamish
  • What year is your 968?:1995
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1995)
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:21 PM

I am confirmed. In my book.
brian

Edited by SILVY968, 18 May 2011 - 08:23 PM.

#27 Tom030

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • City:Port Orchard
  • State:WA.

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:43 AM

On the calendar
~tom

#28 PhilG968

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

Should the BC contingent meet up, and cruise down together?

#29 DaveN

968 Forums Addict

• Booster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:18 PM

Can do. We need as many radar detectors as we can muster for the WA State Super Troopers. I just drove WA and boy those guys have NOTHING else to do, must be no bad guys in WA :)

#30 PhilG968

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:55 AM

Yes they are bad, but I'd put your detector away, they'll take it to. Only good driving North of the border where you can use them!! Or south of the Washington border!

#31 Langley968

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
  • City:Langley
  • State:British Columbia (BC) Canada

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

Drove down to Deception Pass yesterday B) and checked the site out "on the way". Looks great! ;)
I will post a longer account of my trip later tonight because I think we need to look at a 968 Drive for the gettogther event.

#32 SILVY968

Silvy968

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • City:Sammamish
  • What year is your 968?:1995
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1995)
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

What time should we plan to meet at the site? Do we meet at S2-North Shelter?
Brian

#33 Simuse

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

Just as an FYI - below is the full confirmation message I got. So we have from 9AM until 8PM - lots of time. Also note below egg tosses are not allowed - drats, I was looking forward to...um...some egg tossing.

So to Brian's question - yeah - what time should we shoot for? Like 11:30ish? I will get there a bit earlier to do the check / register the group with the park - and then yes it would just be at the north shelter. Then - hang out - food (need to figure that out) - drink (that too) - hopefully sun - amazing cars with probably a variety of mods, updates and adjustments to check out. Then as Jake suggests maybe an afternoon drive - will be interested to hear Jake's impression of the park too as - like I said previously - I have actually never been there. Looking forward to it!

---------------------------------------

Thank you for using the Washington State Parks Reservation Service. Your reservation is confirmed.
Please take a moment to read the policies below.
You must register at the park on your arrival day.

Park Information
Larrabee State Park
245 Chuckanut Drive
Bellingham, Washington, 98229
Tel: 360-676-2093

Booking Information: Confirmed
Arriving: Sun 07-Aug-11 after 9:00 AM Departing: Sun 07-Aug-11 before 8:00 PM
Booking Number: 24470167801
Booking Type: Facility
Organization Name: none
Site: S2-North Shelter
Site Type: Day Use Facility

Transaction Payment Information
Date Transaction
Wed 18-May-11 Web Create Reservation

Driving Directions

FROM I-5, EXIT 231: Follow SR 11/Chuckanut Dr. 14 miles North to main park entrance. RVs and vehicles towing trailers must use Exit 250 due to extremely narrow roadway with no shoulders.

How do I register/check in at the park?
It is necessary for you to register with park staff. You can be informed of park specific notices such as watering schedules or special programs. Registration also allows staff to locate you quickly in an emergency. Bring your confirmation letter with you to the park to speed check in. Check in times may vary from park to park.

General Group & Day Use Notes:

Fires are permitted in designated areas only - do not leave them unattended. Gathering of firewood is not permitted. Bring your own fire wood.

Behavior: Park ranger has the authority to remove any or all members of the group whose behavior at any time is in conflict with any state law, becomes detrimental to the health and safety of the group or other users, or becomes so unruly as to affect reasonable enjoyment of the park by others.

Cleanup: User group is responsible for cleanup of area, failure to do so will result in cleanup fees as well as loss of any use of facility in the future. Contact park staff for inspection prior to departure.

Signs & Banners: Do not post signs or banners on any trees, post or signs in the park. Temporary signs may be used if they are free standing.

Alcohol: Keg alcohol and alcoholic punch bowls are not permitted.

Amplified devices: are not permitted.

Parking: Do not park vehicles on the lawn area.

Collection of fees: or donations is prohibited.

Advanced Media advertising: is not permitted.

Pets: must be on a leash at all times.

Misc: Water balloons, straw bales and egg tosses are not permitted.

Rules, Regulations and Information:

For a complete list of rules and regulations, visit: http://www.parks.wa.gov/rules/ or call our information center (360-902-8844).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call the Parks Information Center at 360-902-8844 for park information, driving directions, or to give comments.
Also call the Parks Information Center for information regarding boat launch usability and any campfire restrictions.

#34 tamathumper

968 Forums Addict

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts
  • City:Denver
  • State:NC
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1993)
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:33 AM

"Bring your own fire wood." - Wow! Enjoy that while you can - here in the NorthEast (NY especially), you can't move firewood more than 50 miles and many campgrounds won't let you onsite with it. They're trying to avoid spreading invasive species like the Emerald Ass Borer. Posted Image

#35 seattledl

968 Forums Member

• Rookie
  • PipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • City:seattle
  • State:wa

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:59 PM

I might be able to make it as well, great idea. Still waiting on my work schedule...

Dave

('93 M030)

#36 Langley968

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

Impression of the Park: I did not look at S2-North Shelter in particular, but our overall impression of the Park was very good. We will for sure go camping there some day! Best of all, it is right on the coastline, along the famous Chuckanut Drive, which is a "must drive" stretch of the old Pacific Highway, if you happen to be in the area!

Here is a breakdown of the drive Darlene and I did on Thursday:
Departure: Langley, BC (home) and then we sat in the Pacific Hwy border lineup for 50 minutes, but the day was sunny and bright, and the anticipation of a great day ahead made it bearable!
Stop #1: When we got throught he border check we took I-5 south to Bellingham and took the Fairhaven exit (#250) and stopped there for coffee.
Stop #2: After dropping the soft top B) , we left Fairhaven and took the Chuckanut Drive, stopping at Larrabee Park to check it out.
Stop #3: Continued on Chuckanut Drive till West Bow Hill Rd, where we turned right and headed east to Edison. I wanted to keep off the "beaten track" and "hug the shoreline" where possible. We saw a few other P-cars taking a break in Edison (great day for a P-car drive!). We then continued south and drove through Bay View on our way to La Conner. We stopped for lunch in La Conner. Great fish & chips on the pier!
Stop #4: After lunch we headed on Hwy #20 towards Deception Pass. We did not stop at the lookout there, but that would be a great location for a group photo (hint hint). Once over the Deception Pass bridge (there are actually two bridges in sequence), you then are on Whidbey Island. We continues on #20 till we were past NAS Whidbey Island and then turned right onto Ault Field Road. What a "rush" to have those NAVY jets flying low overhead with the top down! As we approached the coastline again, we took West Beach Road as far down as West Libbey Road, where we turned right and at the end of that road there is a tiny Park right on the water (never had been there before). Great time for a "pit stop". We then took out the lawn chairs and sat on the beach for a while, taking in the view and had a small nap as well (all that leisure enjoyment can get tiring! :P ).
Stop #5: After "nap time" was over, we headed out to Oak Harbor. Did not realize that it is a "military" town. We were able to cruise through the "base housing" area - very nice housing for the "men in uniform"! Better than any Canadian base housing I have ever seen. Stopped at Starbucks for a coffee before heading home via I-5.
Stop #6: Home again, with huge grins and a feeling we had just experienced one of those "unforgettable days"! Thanks 968 for 200 miles of shear enjoyment! ;)

Edited by Langley968, 21 May 2011 - 09:30 PM.

#37 DaveN

968 Forums Addict

• Booster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:11 AM

No egg tossing! Good thing I'm old school, I'm bringing my Dwarf.

#38 Eric_K

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • City:Woodinville

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:51 AM

...took the Fairhaven exit (#250) and stopped there for coffee......Stopped at Starbucks for a coffee before heading home via I-5....

A true NW drive, 2 stops for coffee.

Anybody know if the park has trailer friendly parking? If I'm in town, I could drag the race car out.

#39 Langley968

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:38 AM

I wasn't looking for "trailer friendly parking" when I snooped around last week, but since there is also RV Camping in the park, it should not be a problem to find a location to park for a few hours! I am thinking of camping there for the weekend (or at Deception Pass Park).

I know this is being promoted as a "Washington/British Columbia" event, but Portland is just across the WA border...
I wonder if some Oregon 968'ers might be interested in coming out? For those travelling from a longer distance, you could think of making it a 2-day event by coming out to the area on the Saturday (it could be a "non-organized" day).
Just a thought...

#40 timbits

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • City:Seattle

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:41 PM

Anybody know if the park has trailer friendly parking? If I'm in town, I could drag the race car out.

I like this idea Eric. I'd love to see the 968 racer :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.