968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • State:conn
  • What year is your 968?:1992
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:31 PM

I see something mint green at Hershey next year. Count Greg and I in.

#22 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:04 AM

i'm up to about 60% sure i'm going - trying to reconcile it with the upcoming trip to parade - a lot of driving

will be much better if i can pick up a co-driver

#23 H2Ojazz

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:58 AM

I put it on my calendar, assuming I don't wad up car at Lime Rock the week before! ;)

#24 PorscheDude

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,633 posts
  • City:around
  • State:Md.
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:28 AM

Since I am only an hour down the road I will be there.

#25 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • City:Hershey
  • State:PA

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:39 PM

The first 968 Celebration in Hershey (2001 - 1 day event) was attended by the following owners;

Bob Adams, Rimas Balsys, Marjorie Becker, Toby Bray, Mark Buchanan, Ron Cannizzaro, David Chou, Rodman Davis, Damian DeBlis, David Downey, Scott Fisher, Don Hassenbein, Bob Hickman, Mike Kane, Sreedhar Krishnan, Mike McCormack, Bill McCullough, Bill Miles, Ricardo Oliveira, Jeff Parry, Chuck Provy, Roger Stephenson, Dave Thomas, Steve Ting and Gerry Wheeler.

I believe Cosimo is correct when he says that he and I are the only owners who have attended all 7 annual 968 themed events held so far (Rimas, David, Damian, Sreedhar, Mike and Bill have attended many of them).

I am hoping to see many of the East Coasters again at the April Hershey Swap Meet but also look forward to seeing all of you at the 8th 968 Celebration in Albuquerque in September! I urge all East Coasters to seriously consider making the trip - this could be our largest 968 Celebration ever and perhaps finally break the elusive 100 968 barrier! Hey, we had an original 968 Turbo RS and 968 Turbo S this year, we can also set a new record for number of these rare cars in the same place!

Don ;)

#26 happysails2you

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Booster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:55 PM

Hey, here's a wild thought for Celebration 2008 in Albuquerque....call me crazy, but....

I'm thinking about going to Albuquerque just to meet everyone and have a great time, but leaving Baby back home where she won't be racking up miles on her odometer. And where she won't cost me more vacation days than I can afford to drive out and back.

Then I thought about Don's desire to break the 100 mark and thought others might have the same concerns. How many 968's can fit on a chartered car carrier? :angry:

Krazy Kathy

#27 uscarrera

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:38 AM

Hey, here's a wild thought for Celebration 2008 in Albuquerque....call me crazy, but....

I'm thinking about going to Albuquerque just to meet everyone and have a great time, but leaving Baby back home where she won't be racking up miles on her odometer. And where she won't cost me more vacation days than I can afford to drive out and back.

Then I thought about Don's desire to break the 100 mark and thought others might have the same concerns. How many 968's can fit on a chartered car carrier? :angry:

Krazy Kathy

The car carrier idea sounds interesting I am in Florida so an east coast pichup to New Mexico would be something to look into.
Rich

#28 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:19 PM

Kathy,

Now, there is a novel idea - attend Albuquerque but keep the miles low. <_< I will do some research into this but if anyone on the site knows of a company that offers this service or has some experience, let me know.

redbaron
dhassenbein@comcast.net

P.S. Eric, please update the website to show the above new email address - thanks.

#29 Anchorman

968 Forums Addict

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts
  • City:Mahwah
  • State:NJ
  • What year is your 968?:1995

Posted 21 November 2007 - 04:49 AM

There's a carrier company in northern NJ, Horseless Carriage. I'll bet they'd do anything you want, as they seem to be aiming at our (your?) kind of market. I've never used them, so this is not a paid commercial. See http://www.horselesscarriage.com/

#30 968gene

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • City:Mooresville
  • State:North Carolina
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Coupe (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:22 PM

There's a carrier company in northern NJ, Horseless Carriage. I'll bet they'd do anything you want, as they seem to be aiming at our (your?) kind of market. I've never used them, so this is not a paid commercial. See http://www.horselesscarriage.com/

I moved my car from Memphis to LA and LA to Charlotte inside of a year and a half. The first carrier sucked, so I used Horseless Carriage LA to Charlotte. They were fantastic.

Attached Files

#31 hot968

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:06 PM

Hi Don! Good to see you back on site, Hershey sounds great we will be there, let me know any info and if I can help with any thing. Ginger and Charlie B)

#32 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

Hope everyone enjoyed the Holidays.

I have sent the new PCA 968 Register Membership Roster (member listing by State and PCA Region plus lists all colors for member cars) to all 234 members plus information on the 2 968 events planned for 2008:

- Saturday, April 26 968 Gathering in Hershey, PA in conjunction with the Central Pa Region Swap Meet - www.cpa-pca.org/swap (hosted by yours truly)
- September 18 - 21, 968 Celebration in Albuquerque, NM in conjunction with the Roadrunner Region PCA Escape Event (hosted by Bob Blackwell and Chris Lennon).

My wife Elke, and I, are planning on attending both events. I cannot win the 968 Celebration Least Miles, Best Coupe or Best Overall Awards since I won them at previous 968 Celebrations, but I think I have a shot at Farthest Distance (2000 miles one way :D ).

If you are a PCA 968 Register member and did not receive the Membership Roster and event info, please let me know and I will resend.

If you are a PCA Member, own a 968 Coupe or Cabriolet and would like to join the other 234 968 owners, send an email to me and I will forward an application.

If you own a 968 but are not a PCA Member, go to www.pca.org where you can complete a membership application. Once you receive your membership number, let me know and I will send you a PCA 968 Register application.

Don Hassenbein :o
PCA 968 Register Advocate
dhassenbein@comcast.net

p.s. For more info on the 968 Register, check out www.968register.org

#33 stewhatch

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • City:Luzerne County
  • What year is your 968?:1993

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

Hope everyone enjoyed the Holidays.

I have sent the new PCA 968 Register Membership Roster (member listing by State and PCA Region plus lists all colors for member cars) to all 234 members plus information on the 2 968 events planned for 2008:

- Saturday, April 26 968 Gathering in Hershey, PA in conjunction with the Central Pa Region Swap Meet - www.cpa-pca.org/swap (hosted by yours truly)
- September 18 - 21, 968 Celebration in Albuquerque, NM in conjunction with the Roadrunner Region PCA Escape Event (hosted by Bob Blackwell and Chris Lennon).

My wife Elke, and I, are planning on attending both events. I cannot win the 968 Celebration Least Miles, Best Coupe or Best Overall Awards since I won them at previous 968 Celebrations, but I think I have a shot at Farthest Distance (2000 miles one way :D ).

If you are a PCA 968 Register member and did not receive the Membership Roster and event info, please let me know and I will resend.

If you are a PCA Member, own a 968 Coupe or Cabriolet and would like to join the other 234 968 owners, send an email to me and I will forward an application.

If you own a 968 but are not a PCA Member, go to www.pca.org where you can complete a membership application. Once you receive your membership number, let me know and I will send you a PCA 968 Register application.

Don Hassenbein :o
dhassenbein@comcast.net

p.s. For more info on the 968 Register, check out www.968register.org

Don - Stewart Hatchell here - I am a registered member who will attend Hershey this year - it's only an hour-and-a-half from the Poconos. Let me know if I can help in any way.

#34 Kim

968 Forums Fanatic

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • City:Canning, NS, Canada
  • State:Nova Scotia
  • What year is your 968?:None
  • What model is your 968?:None

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:46 PM

Don - "but I think I have a shot at Farthest Distance (2000 miles one way laugh)" - only if I don't don't go! It would be about 2972 miles one way for me!

#35 uscarrera

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 03:05 AM

I have used Horseless Carriage twice in the past San Fran to Fl and Texas to Fl. they are as good as the driver of the tractor as I believe the trailers belong to company but rigs are privately owned. Lucky for me I had 2 drivers who really cared about the cars placed in their care. I think most of them can carry 4-6 cars so if we get enough people together from east coast there and back we may get a deal $.
Rich

#36 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 January 2008 - 09:05 AM

i think we need to keep the 2 threads about the 2 events separate

there is the hershey swap meet

and

there is the albequerque 968 celebration

#37 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

Flash,

Good point, we do not want to confuse anyone with the 2 PCA 968 Register events planned for 2008:

There are three options for 968 owners:

- Saturday, April 26, 2008: 968 GATHERING AT HERSHEY (in conjunction with PORSCHE ONLY SWAP MEET, hosted by Central PA Region). :blink:

- Friday, Sept 19 and Saturday, Sep 20: 968 CELEBRATION AT ALBUQUERQUE (in conjunction with PCA ESCAPE, hosted by Roundrunner Region - you may want to attend the entire PCA Escape event) :D

- Attend both :P

If you want the full blown two day 968 Celebration (wash n shine, tech quiz, tech presentation, awards, dinner, caravans, etc), attend Albuquerque. Lots of events and things to do plus this year Escape.

If you cannot make it to Albuquerque but want a 968 fix, come to the 968 Gathering which is a one day event consisting of an early morning Caravan to the Swap Meet, private parking at the Swap Meet and opportunity to purchase those rare 968 parts.

Your choice - I will be attending both and look forward to renewing friendships and meeting new 968 owners.

Don

#38 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

Rob Dillon (Germany), Gene McCarty (N.C.) & John Inson (CA),

I have received your PCA 968 Register Applications and you are now official 968 Register members (up to 237 members :P ). Will email membership roster, color list, 2007 Celebration recap, 2008 Events info and mail your welcome letter and 968 Register Decal.

Hope to see you in Hershey at the 968 Gathering/Swap Meet.

Don

P.S. I think Duckman had something to do with Gene's joining the Register.

If you are a member and received your 968 Register Membership Roster PLEASE CONFIRM via email and advise whether your info is correct. If not, let me know and I will resend.

Don :D
dhassenbein@comcast.net
www.968register.org

#39 patkeefe

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • City:Ringwood
  • State:NJ
  • What year is your 968?:1992

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

Will the rain in Hershey this year be the light, annoying variety, or will we have full monsoon again? Either way, we could bring the 968 out this year.
Pat

#40 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:08 AM

Kim,

2900 miles would defintely be the furthest distance ever recorded during the 7 years of 968 Celebrations!

Pat,

During those 7 years we have had 1 complete rain out (I mean monsoon :( ), 2 years of light rain one of the two days :P and sunshine the other years. :D

This year 3 gentlemen from the Porsche 968 Club Deutschland are flying over from Germany to visit during our 968 Gathering and get parts at the Swap Meet. They apologize for not bringing their 968 Coupes and Cabs but the plane would not put em in the hold. :P

As everyone knows on this website, I am a former altar boy so the odds of good weather are very good. Plus, that rare part you need might be there for a song (lot of vendors do not realize real value of 968 stuff and we never tell them).

Let me know if either of you want to join PCA and the PCA 968 Register (currently we have 4 members from Canada and 14 from New Jersey), the value is definitely there.

Don Hassenbein
dhassenbein@comcast.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.