• You cannot reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic

#1 911hw

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:33 AM

May be a duplicate from net, my apology first.

Well, after lurking in the background for the past 2 yrs, I finally find the one. Just want to say my appreciations to the 968 owners who had helped with various questions and/or checking the cars for me. People like Flash and Raj had been invaluable, and particularly to Bob Blackwell who spent several hours with during the course of transaction in New Mexico.

Looking forward to interact with other 968 owners more in the future.

Howard.

#2 SILVY968

Silvy968

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts
  • City:Sammamish
  • State:WA
  • What year is your 968?:1995
  • What model is your 968?:Cab
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1995)
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

Welcome!
Pics, Pics, Pics...we love pics!

#3 ether_joe

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:09 AM

congratulations Howard!

BTW - I think you pressed the wrong numbers when creating your screen name -- that's supposed to be 6 and 8 :)

yes . . .

must . . .

see . . .

pics!

#4 911hw

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 10:31 AM

I have a few pictures on email attachment from the seller, I am not good with computers. If anybody can post it for me here, I will be more than happy to forward to him.

Yes, I need to change my membership name here ( haven't made a decision regarding my other P car, 89 Carrera silver coupe). Hopefully there will instruction somewhere in ths forum ( I will try to search it later), or I may need help again.

Howard.

#5 TheMirror

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:59 PM

Very nice! Congrats.

I just spent an hour blasting mine up hwy 50 to Folsom and back.
Now its off to the shop for a whole bunch of preventative maintenence.

Cheers,
-Mirror

May be a duplicate from net, my apology first.

Well, after lurking in the background for the past 2 yrs, I finally find the one.  Just want to say my appreciations to the 968 owners who had helped with various questions and/or checking the cars for me.  People like Flash and Raj had been invaluable, and particularly to Bob Blackwell who spent several hours with during the course of transaction in New Mexico.

Looking forward to interact with other 968 owners more in the future.

Howard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#6 BruceWard

You know why...

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:20 PM

Here is a pic

Posted Image

#7 tom968

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • City:Los Angeles
  • State:California
  • What year is your 968?:1995
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:31 PM

Congratulations Howard. Can't wait to see it up close at a
future Porsche club event.

#8 911hw

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:15 AM

Silvy968, Ether Joe and The Mirror, thanks for the welcome.

Bruce, thanks for the picture attachment.

Tom, nice to heard from you. Too bad you couldn't part with your low milage M-030 coupe ( I couldn't either if I hada car like that ;) Give me a weekend or two to clean up the car before showing to the local 968 people, like Flash, Ron and Greimann. If you have the time, I can contact you as to when will we meet up.

Howard.

PS-got to have a moderator to help me change my member name.

#9 midblue

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • What year is your 968?:1994

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:41 PM

Wow Howard finally! Congratulations the car looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Ron
94 coupe/6 speed

#10 911hw

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:51 AM

Hello Ron,

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, it did took me a long time. I had been following the market all these time, missed a few good ones along the way due to various reasons, ie time, distance, the seller could hold the car for me, or by the time I make up my mind, the car was sold... Even on this car, I had to offer a little more than the asking price with really no room to negotiate after the PPI, as there was another buyer locally waiting to take my place. But glad it all when out well.

So a little advise to potential buyers, do your home work on the mechnics/possible pitfalls of 968. There are good, solid, well maintenced 6 speed ones out there. But one has to jump on it very soon, because from what I learned, they could be gone within a week.

Any case, looking forward to show the car to you Ron, pending your " expert detail eye review";)

Howard

#11 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:56 AM

very possible we are having a little "thing" here this weekend - i am going to try to nail a couple of things on ron's car - you should coordinate and pop by

#12 ether_joe

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:05 AM

I think polar silver is extra sexy

Is it just me - I think that the silver color especially needs the ROW wraparound yellow turn lenses?

oh and Howard, just mucking around re your handle. . . wear your badge with pride . . . besides, you've got 4 posts already, so just 2,804 more and you'll catch up to flash! ;)

#13 911hw

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:25 PM

Flash, I will give you call on Friday PM to see how's the schedule with you guys this weekend, may even swing by even if the car is not totally clean yet.

Ether Joe, no problem. I really do like the silver exterior color, be the artic or polar, very Porsche classy. Looking at your car signature, did it came from So Cal? I remembered seeing in the autotraders ad twice in the past 12 months or so. Never got to see it in person as by the time when I got the chance to call back to try to look it, they were both sold.

Howard

#14 ether_joe

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:48 PM

Ether Joe, no problem.  I really do like the silver exterior color, be the artic or polar, very Porsche classy.  Looking at your car signature, did it came from So Cal?  I remembered seeing in the autotraders ad twice in the past 12 months or so.  Never got to see it in person as by the time when I got the chance to call back to try to look it, they were both sold.

Howard

nope, my car came from Florida - I had to rescue it, it was about to be chewed on by an alligator :lol:

#15 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:08 AM

ok - seen it - touched it - drove it

howard brought the car over saturday - i got a chance to poke around it and drive it - nice car - very solid and tight - motor runs strong (oil pressure is oddly indicated a bit low, though well within spec) - barked a hard 2nd and a decent 3rd gear going uphill at a touch over 6k

some cool stuff on this car - different rotors than i have seen before - crossdrilled like the M030, but different - i'll be contacting the supplier of those tomorrow to find out what those are about - they look to be harder than the zimmermans

the blue interior looks really good with the polar silver (man i love that color)

the car handled amazingly well for its setup, which was stock with some brand new michelin tires on the 16s - i could feel them not wanting to grab everything, but they also were very smooth riding and should wear like nails - the shocks and struts were in a lot better shape than i expected at that mileage - i didn't drive it had enough to see if it had lsd, nor did i check the sticker - my bad

didn't leak a drop in my garage either

i adjusted his hood, which sat a bit off, and snugged up his very loose throttle cable, but other than an engine bay cleanup, and of course the airbox and chip and such, this car needs nothing i could find

all in all, a very good purchase - he will have a lot of fun with this car

i look forward to seeing it at a lot of events

#16 ds968

968 Forums Psycho

• Advocate
  • 10,728 posts
  • City:San Carlos
  • State:Ca

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:41 AM

didn't leak a drop in my garage either

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ron, quick - go park your car in Bob's garage...that'll fix it. ! ;) :P
Sorry, not all that funny given how much you spent fixing the problem, but still could not resist ( paying you back for wimping out on us for Paso Robles ).

Howard,
Congrats ! Sounds like a great buy and a fun ride for many, many years to come.

#17 Royal Tiger

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:30 PM

Where was that photo taken? Intresting background.

#18 Leonard

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 05:29 AM

"- barked a hard 2nd and a decent 3rd gear going uphill at a touch over 6k"

What does this mean??

Leonard

#19 GuardsRedCoupe

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:06 AM

"- barked a hard 2nd and a decent 3rd gear going uphill at a touch over 6k"

What does this mean??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For anybody else, I'd think he means he squealed the tires loudly in 2nd gear, and slightly in third running above 6k RPM.

However, in light of Flash's profile picture, I'm not too sure:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image http://www.clicksmil...-smiley-001.gif http://www.clicksmil...-smiley-001.gif

http://www.968forums...ads/photo-2.jpg

#20 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:48 AM

roflmao

correct - if you shift the lever fast enough, and don't really let off the gas, you get the fastest shift possible - if the engine is crisp and string enough, the side effect result is a very noticable "bark" from the tires - it was more of a chirp though in third

not recommended as a regular habit - hard on drivetrain components

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.