• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts
  • City:Bucks County
  • State:Pennsylvania
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:54 AM

Congratulations on another great event ! I'm going to have to start making twice yearly trips to Souther California...maybe I should just keep a second car out there...hmmmm...

Jay

#82 Rap

968 Forums Lunatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,575 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:00 AM

Well I made it back home from the Ortega event and lo and behold the electricity came on back on several hours before I arrived. Thank God for generators though as Liz was only minorly inconvenienced with no TV! Flash and his lovely wife Ayn were kind and gracious enough to have me as a house guest for this event. Guys when Flash offers a room at his house for an event, take him up on the offer. It was like staying at the nicest B&B you can imagine. Of course Kizzie was there to watch over everyone! As I noticed at the Newtown event, for a newbie in the entire sense of the word,Dennis I am not competing with you for that title, the members of the forum welcomed me and made me feel right at home. For any of you new members wondering whether it's worth it to spend some time with people you don't know. With out a doubt, these guys are some of the easiest guys to meet and interact with. Even an introvert would find themselves comfortable! Flash allowed me to drive both his cars. What a blast! The blue cab is simply amazing. The neat thing was to experience the set up of the cars with the various products we all read about. Even more interesting from a technical standpoint was watching the fitting of the prototype clear bra over a three hour period. Joe and I listened to the back and forth between Flash and the installer as they debated and discussed the needs of the next prototype.this gave me a whole new perspective on the thought and time process involved in developing new products. The ride itself was all it was cracked up to be. I had watched it on YouTube and it was just as cool if not cooler in person. A bit warm as others have mentioned, but with a/c more than enjoyable. Cars and coffee was just amazing. If you have never witnessed it and get the opportunity. Well I would liken it to a kid in a candy shop. Too many amazing cars to enumerate! I learned Flash's secret recipe for burgers and chicken too. So all in all just a great event, lots of good driving, good conversation, good guys and a great group to be associated with!

Bob

#83 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:19 AM

rap - thanks - it was great having you here

lol - yes, we have been working on the guest room, trying constantly to improve it and add things we find at B&Bs we stay at and think are cool

i only wish it were not so hot - that showed me some things i need to improve in that room to keep it cooler, and the work has already begun

as anticipated, now that you are home, it finally cooled down yesterday, and today is to be back down in the lower 70s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.