• 78 posts
  • City:Aurora
  • State:IL
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:01 PM

Word of wisdom:

In the end, we are all car crazy.

This is what happens when I have too much time on my hands.

You simply want to help mankind too much.

#22 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

lol - i never liked doing repair work - mods and setups are fun, but wrenching sucks - i hate getting dirty every day - i'm really even very much over working on my own car

i closed my shop because i got tired of constantly dealing with people in denial about what their old cars needed, and their unwillingness to open their wallet - that would not be something i wanted to get back into - i would instead make arrangements with local repair shops to bring them up to speed, and direct people to them

also, as a business, there is no real money in repair - every repair shop will tell you the same story - they are all constantly on the edge - you end up taking in jobs you don't want to touch, just to keep the lights on

IF i seriously consider this, the only cars that MIGHT get serviced are the ones sold there - no chance whatsoever of taking in other cars for repairs, mods, or anything - the only way a customers car would be taken in would be for a complete restoration - they would not be allowed to specify anything, and we would make the decisions - the price would be so high though, that they would be better off going elsewhere

again, this is a very specific business model

#23 rxter

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 14 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

Still catching up.....

A new 968 for 35K - cool. Kindof like what this guy did. http://www.delorean.com/index.html

Of course he started with full-on unbuilt cars rather than parts cars. Maybe a cheap warehouse in Arizona. Hell I'd drive over just to see all the stuff. Might even buy a t-shirt ;)

I would advise that this would be a labor of love and very difficult to make money with. But I would of course be fully supportive from an emotional sense, and would love to see the meaningful parts concentrated. Who knows, maybe the 968 will be worth something some day. I saw a 1954 356 asking for $140K recently. Only another 35 years to go...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.