• City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

in reality, anybody who is a member can read it all here - there are only a couple of people who have chosen not to be participating members - we dumped one when we cleaned house of old unused lurkers, but they are free to re-register

we have never banned anybody since we took over, and have not suspended anybody either

lots of drama, old and new, and we have all the PMs and emails from the past and present to support our position, and show the truth, but we really don't need to get into it all right now - there will be a very good time and place coming up soon - for now, essentially there is a child throwing a tantrum and we all need to send him to his room and ignore the screaming and move on

i already have - please - everyone just ignore it all

#22 RS Barn

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

I try to stay in my hole and work on cool cars.
The babys continue to toss out really false information. This is due to no real moderation, actually biased moderation.
Robbie, if you have manhood you should call me after 4 years of letting 2 people run RL
PETE

#23 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:21 PM

yeah - i wonder who he was going "back and forth" with - i've never spoken to the man, and the only exchanges i remember were with john d - i suppose it's possible that he intercepted something, but he certainly never signed any response, and i am all but certain i never addressed anything to him

i also wonder what the "consistent track record is" because we NEVER talked about our stuff over there, and in fact deliberately avoided it because we were not sponsors - i'm not sure pete ever even posted there

but, we believe that all lies eventually show themselves, and all liars get what they deserve - we know the truth, and can prove it (thank you to all those who sent us copies of the "love notes") - on top of that, karma is a bitch - so, have no fear

lol - i am going to need a new file cabinet soon though for all the stuff i am collecting on this

so please people, don't get into it over there any more - let them rant amongst themselves - who cares? no good can come of anyone getting involved until there is unbiased moderation, and that will likely only happen via the advertisers finding out about how useless their dollars are there while it's a "cuckoo's nest"

we are happy to answer any questions about this that anyone might have though - i think it would be best to do it offline, but i'll bow to the masses on that one

#24 968 GUY

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Former Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • City:Bainbridge
  • State:Ga.
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:56 AM

So, what does everyone have planned for the holidays?

#25 DayDreamer

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • City:Johannesburg, South Africa
  • State:Gauteng
  • What year is your 968?:1992

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:09 AM

I'm going to have an argument over who wins the next Olympics.. I think I can win if I shout loud enough.. (Runs and hides)

#26 biotechee

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts
  • City:Plumsteadville
  • State:PA
  • What year is your 968?:1995

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:42 AM

Well, I guess I can't resist....!

Biased moderation is the understatement of the year! One of the intereting things: the mod had put a sticky up about shilling and mentioning the "other" forum. Strangely enough, it is no longer there. It appears that IB had some modicum of common sense and realized that folks who supported or mentioned non-vendors weren't shilling, but were actual happy, satisfied customers! Go figure. I actually had a pleasant PM exchange with the IB mod and he was very understanding and gracious. My exchange with the mod was, how shall I say, utterly useless.

Unfortunately, the current mod is beyond biased and finally jumps in after how many pages of NON-TECHNICAL discussion and bashing of people who can't even stand up for themselves? He has the audacity to reference the stickies proclaiming action for those who engage in bashing. Oh well.

And apparently, one of the yahoos over there keeps track of when I am there! I am no longer a paying member and I haven't logged in in about a week. I never post, certainly not to the 968 section, anymore. But, I do read the 993 forum and the 928 forum as I have great interest in those two models and I find many of the threads in the 993 forum to be great reads. Some day I hope to own a 993 - pipe dream at this point. When I do log in, it is to look at the pics posted by the 993/928 guys. EDIT- and in the interest of full disclosure - I do read the posts in the 968 section. I just shake my head in disbelief and amazement when I read certain threads. I guess I am a typical human- can't turn away from a train wreck!

It is what it is. Bob, Pete, Jay- you guys are the best. This forum is the best. Keep moving forward and keep providing the best resource for the 968 community. And oh yeah- keep developing and making incredible products for our beloved 968!

My plans for the holidays- watching my girls' faces light up when they open their presents!

Happy holidays to everyone!

P.S. I can hardly wait for pics of the progress for the D1R/RSB SC kit!

Edited by biotechee, 10 December 2009 - 06:45 AM.

#27 wiseman

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • City:Tampa
  • State:Florida

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:55 AM

Big party at the house on the 18th for 50 folks. The wife and I are off to Charlotte to see my son and grandsons on Christmas day. My Navy daughter will be there also. Haven't seen her in a year. Looking forward to it.

#28 PorscheDude

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,633 posts
  • City:around
  • State:Md.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:30 AM

Jim, nothing like being stalked in the web.
When I read his comment, I really had to scratch my head.
Some people have no life what so ever.

I have been accused of being RS Barn shill so many times,
that if I mention it I'll be banned. This from both John D. and Randy.
Hey, I'm just a very happy customer!!

I'm pretty sure rolex is friends with a few of the posters over there,
so his moderation is most likely skewed.

Edited by PorscheDude, 10 December 2009 - 08:31 AM.

#29 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:31 AM

bio - yes - that is exactly the kind of thing over there that we have been talking about for a couple of years - we just haven't spent the time or energy to do anything about it because frankly, beyond the lookie-loos who just have to watch the train wreck, there are only a handful of people on that area of that site anyway, half of those are talking out their butt at least half the time, and we feel we are probably better off without them anyway - we've always had our doors open here, and invited them to participate in spite of that, but have been thankful to stay clear of that nonsense

eventually people figure out that this is the better site, for obvious reasons which extend far beyond any personality issues - i'm a pain in the butt, pushy, opinionated, and arrogant, but the site is still the better site, and nearly everybody has figured that out

no worries though - i'm already on 2 more new things now - more news about that soon (lol - probably more drama over there too)

#30 PorscheDude

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,633 posts
  • City:around
  • State:Md.

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:34 AM

"i'm a pain in the butt, pushy, opinionated, and arrogant"
Quoted for truth....

Understatement of the year!!!!
Lol
your great guy in my book .

#31 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:42 AM

lol - wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true - i'm at peace with it - i'm much easier though when you're drunk - and better looking too

#32 Darryl

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • City:Sterling
  • State:VA

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:48 AM

Everybody's good looking at closing time!

I pride myself on being a little cocky when discussing certain subjects as well...it's called confidence!

- Darryl

#33 biotechee

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Tell me about it Pat! I still have the joker's PM where he tells me good riddance and to keep drinking the kool-aid. I could tell you some things the PO of my cab said about him- apparently some sort of deal went south and the joker ultimately stiffed my PO for some money... Small world.

We all make the world go 'round, and it would be a pretty boring place without everyone's unique personality!

I've said it before and I will say it again - we may all not see eye to eye on everything, but you all are good peeps. I consider myself very fortunate to have such an incredible resource for this car and to have met some really cool folks! Can't wait to meet Bob - I'll have to test his "I get better looking after a few drinks" theory... I'm skeptical. laugh.gif

#34 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:31 AM

lol - yeah - i've got a stack of stuff like that - it wasn't too hard to amass either - it's sad that some people believe what they read without ever even thinking about checking into it - we have probably lost a number of potential new friends as a result

but, as with everything, time will sort out and bring forth the truth - the growth and activity on this site is proof of that - the membership is very active, and we have very few lurkers (47 as of this morning) all of which joined in the last 60 days - every other member has been a participant - given that the highest number of members ever on .net was 1511, and there were a LOT of duplicates, and that the highest post count was a little over 100k, and the fact that we have very nearly the same number of members (though ours are bona fide), and that we now have well over 80k posts, i'd say that the masses have voiced their opinion and figured out what to listen to and what to ignore

this thread was started merely to point out how off base something was, and to then allow people to make up their own minds - the primary goal was to try to prevent things from getting out of hand, and urge people to just ignore those who have nothing better to do than spread grossly inaccurate information and lies

please now - let's move on to better things, and stop swatting at flies - they will always hang out around poop, and there is nothing we can do about that - the answer is just to step away from the poop - we just wanted to point out the poop to our family so they didn't step in it by accident

#35 josephsc

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:43 AM

Jim (bioteche), to be fair to the other forum's mod's "audacity", I was the one who posted reference the stickies in that forum -- not the mod (and I'm not a mod, either). And I did it since the posters on RL have clearly forgotten to keep threads on-topic. There's also a new member there who doesn't seem to have learned forum etiquette and customs yet -- and the reference is in part for his benefit. (As an aside, he recently responded to a query on the main 944/951/968 board regarding choice of 968 differentials by telling the original poster to lookup Carl's supercharger -- everyone proceeded to dogpile on him for not staying on-topic. That was entertaining! biggrin.gif )

I still browse RL, but mostly for 944/951 content. If my fleet was 100% 968's, I probably wouldn't -- but I don't see how you guys manage to keep your Porsche fleet 100% 968's. And I'm seeing plenty of knowledgeable enthusiasts starting to transition from 944/951 to the 968. In fact, I'm seeing more and more 968-related posts on the main board. And this audience who's had 944/951 forever but are new to 968 aren't necessarily seeing both sides of the discussion, which is a shame....

#36 biotechee

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

Joe-

Sorry I forgot you brought up the stickies about going off topic. The point for me was that the mod let the off-topic BS go on for days. While everyone else over there is lambasting those who cannot defend themselves, he is doing whatever he is, which is not putting an end to it.

I am glad you and one or two others decided to speak up.

I meant no harm to you when I mis-referenced who brought up the sticky.

Edited by biotechee, 10 December 2009 - 12:04 PM.

#37 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,558 posts
  • City:Bucks County
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:05 PM

"I could tell you some things the PO of my cab said about him- apparently some sort of deal went south and the joker ultimately stiffed my PO for some money... Small world."...Biotechee

"Not at all surprising, knowing the player.." Hilarious (Straight from the horses mouth) wink.gif

I haven't been banned over ther yet..but hey, I've only made 2 posts (1, and a clarification actually) so anything is possible at some point...LOL. The mod did threaten me when I reported a post as non-technical. I wasn't surprised when the Mod added to the pile-on, before he decided to "put his mod hat on".

Jay

Edited by 94SilverCab, 10 December 2009 - 12:08 PM.

#38 josephsc

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

No worries -- I'm just interested in making sure we get our facts straight, since not being able to get the facts straight seems to be what's causing a lot of headaches and misunderstandings.

#39 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:30 PM

lol - i'm not sure if it's inability or unwillingness

either way, they are pretty easy to find here, and if they aren't here, we are always available to answer questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.