• 9 posts
  • City:Saint Louis
  • State:MO
  • What year is your 968?:None
  • What model is your 968?:None

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:08 PM

http://minneapolis.c...1268557476.html

Copied and pasted from CL: Price is $8000

"1994 Porsche 968 coupe. This price is only valid through August 1st. I have located a car that I wish to purchase but can not do so until this car is sold. This car is stock and has never been in an accident. Original paint. This is a sixteen-value 3 liter 4 cylinder. Only 2500 coupes imported into North America model year 1992 through 1995. Red/Black. No cracks, scratches or dents. Interior is perfect. Always garaged. Outstanding Condition, you will not be disappointed. This car has the six-speed transmission with locking rear differential and color matched rear spoiler. I have owned this car since it had 36K miles. Only flaw is a small scuff on rear left corner of the rear bumper, too small to be picked up by the camera. This car has been extremely dependable and carefully driven. It truly looks like it still has only 35k miles not the 98k that it does. Full documentation supporting miles and maintenance. Other options include: Air conditioning, CD Player, Center Console, Climate Control, Clock, Temp Gauge, Courtesy Lights, Cruise Control, Carpet Floor Mats, Interval Wipers, Leather Steering Wheel, Leather Upholstery, Map Light, Power Door Locks, Power Drivers Seat, Power Mirrors, Power Passenger Seat, Power Steering, Power Windows, Premium Sound System (original), Rear Defroster, Rear Wiper, Removable Power Sunroof, 16 inch cast rims, Reclining Bucket Seats, Security System, Tachometer, Dual Power Mirrors, Fog Lamps, Radial tires, Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag. Some of the Maintenance --- New battery last fall, new starter, brake calipers rebuilt last summer, new rotors, new tires 7k miles ago. Timing belt and main drive belt replaced. A/C blows ice cold (never been touched), Everything on the car works with the exception of the odometer which stuck. Full documentation supporting miles and maintenance. Call me if you like 715 781 3653. "

How would you know the mileage if the odometer is stuck?

#2 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts
  • City:Bucks County
  • State:Pennsylvania
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

"Full documentation supporting miles and maintenance"

Not sure how he can support the mileage claim, but the car looks clean and complete, might be worth a real look.

Jay

#3 rolypoly

968 Forums Rookie

• Rookie
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

Is the mileage stored inside the memory like other cars?

#4 rhudeboye

968 Forums Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • City:Bowie
  • State:MD
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (rolypoly @ Jul 30 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the mileage stored inside the memory like other cars?

Not a common practice in the 90's

#5 rolypoly

968 Forums Rookie

• Rookie
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:02 PM

Thanks

I was asking because I know the BMW E36s store the mileage in the eeprom.

So, I guess there's no way to prove the true mileage of this car?

#6 PorscheDude

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,633 posts
  • City:around
  • State:Md.

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

For $8k mileage would not be a big concern, so long as the maintaince records are available.
It's not a $20k car. So who cares.
Buy it and drive it.

#7 968TDG

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • City:Oceanside
  • State:Ca

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:33 AM

Haha, funny to find this post on the forum, I bought that car this weekend. He has kept his receipts from fill-ups since the odometer stopped working. He counted gallons assuming 23mpg. So obviously he could have skipped tanks and cheated, but he's put an average of 13,000 on the car over the past 5 years, which is pretty reasonable. He has a couple of kids and plenty of other hobbies, so he just hasn't bothered fixing the odometer. That's how I found this post, I was looking at the instructions for fixing the odometer. The rest of the records are meticulous, and the car has been babied, so it falls in place the the mileage is probably correct.

#8 PorscheDude

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,633 posts
  • City:around
  • State:Md.

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:17 AM

Welcome to the forum and 968 ownership.
I think you did pretty good.

The odometer gear is an easy fix, should take an hour or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.