• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • City:Hershey
  • State:PA
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 25 January 2009 - 06:22 PM

I wanted to give all an update on status of the 968 Gathering in Hershey, Pa on Friday, April 24 and Saturday, April 25

Currently, the following owners have indicated they need a discount room and will be bringing their 968s to the event.

1. Don H. (self - Hershey, PA)
2. Jeff C. (968 Register Advocate - Trumbull, CT)
3. Jim G. (968 Register Co-Advocate - Mahwah, NJ)
4. Pete F. (RS Barn, Newtown, PA)
5. Paul A. (Stamford, CT)
6. Ron C. (Reston, VA)
7. Tim E. (Severn, MD)
8. dporschev (Grantville, PA)
9. Darryl N (Burke, VA)
10. Direwolf (Dover, NJ)

The following owners have indicated they will participate, with their 968, in the Sat Caravan from the hotel to the Swap Meet

1. Jay K. (Holland, PA)

I have received a tentative contract for only 25 rooms (more not available due to the Swap Meet = website at
http://www.cpa-pca.org/swap/index.html ) at the discount rate of $99 plus tax at the Holiday Inn in Grantville. If I can get 15 more 968 owners to commit to a hotel room Friday night by Sunday, February 1st, I will sign the hotel contract. If not, I will provide the 10 names above with hotel info but not sign a contract.

Bottom line, you have me to coordinate another great opportunity for 968 owners to get together in Hershey for a 968 Gathering (see photo below for 2008 Gathering shot at the AACA Museum).

If you want to participate, need a hotel room Friday night and you are bringing your 968 Coupe or Cab, send me an email at dhassenbein@comcast.neet with; your name, address, smoking or non-smoking room needed Fri night, whether you will join us for the 968 dinner Fri night, your tel no, year, model and color of your 968.

I will let everyone know on Monday, February 2 whether there will be a 968 Gathering again this year. If not, you can catch me Saturday morning at the Holiday Inn parking lot at 7am for the Caravan to the Swap Meet.

Don
dhassenbein@comcast.net
717-838-6307

p.s. I am sending this info to the 240 PCA 968 Register Members and will accept the first 15 to commit. Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 dporschey

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24 posts
  • City:Palmyra
  • What year is your 968?:1993

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

I dont need a room i just said that i was interested in driving in together. I only live 10 mins away. Sorry for the confusion.

#3 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

Wow, I should know better to throw a challenge out to 968 owners. :lol:

As of right now, I have 15 968's, and their owners, for Friday night and another 5 968s joining us for the Saturday 968 Caravan to the Swap Meet. I had reserved 25 rooms for Friday and 5 for Sunday. Still have 10 rooms for Friday and 3 for Sat. May be able to get more but cannot promise.

15 968' coming from; Canada (1), Connecticut (2), Maryland (1), New Jersey (2), New York (2), Pennsylvania (4) and Virginia (3). Right now Canada is the furthest distance and PA is the most owners. Let's see if that changes, as in previous years. :P

Clock is ticking, let me know at dhassenbein@comcast.net if you want to join the 968 Gathering in Hershey.

Did I mention this may be the last 968 Gathering that I host (grandkids, other commitments, getting zu alt, etc). :unsure:

So, if you lhave never been to a 968 Gathering and seen a lot of rare 968s in one spot, this is your chance. If you met other 968 owners at previous events and want to catch up with them on their activities, this is the place. If you are looking for a rare Porsche part, this is the place (according to the Swap Meet officials, they had 724 Vendors at last year's Swap Meet). Another photo from last year's event below. If you can only meet us with your 968 for the Caravan Saturday morning 7am at the Holiday Inn in Grantville, let me know. ;)

Cutoff remains this Sunday night. I will notify all attendees next week on how to finalize your reservation for the discounted ($99 per night plus tax) hotel rooms plus provide you more info on the event.

Don

Here is another photo from 2008 968 Gathering.

Attached Files

#4 hot968

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 31 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

:unsure: I don't know how I missed this forum. I have told Don we will be there for sure but wanted to beon this forum so I could keep up any new things. Hope every one comes as this is the best Porsche experience we have had and look forward to it every spring.

#5 rxter

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:12 AM

Completely off topic - but what is that amazing blue color? Front row, 3 deep?

#6 PorscheDude

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,633 posts
  • City:around
  • State:Md.

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:34 AM

Rivera Blue

#7 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:35 AM

I believe that is Raj's 94 Riviera Blue Cabriolet.

Back on topic:

I did sign the contract for 25 rooms for Friday, April 24 and 5 for Saturday, Apr 25. I have only 9 rooms left for Friday and 3 left for Saturday. So currently, 16 968s for the 968 Dinner and staying overnight at the hotel with 5 more joining us at the Hotel parking lot Saturday at 7am for the Caravan. In addition 5 more will be going directly to the Swap Meet and park in the 968 parking area.

So far we have 26 968 Coupes and Cabriolets (Pete is bringing his Firehawk finally - I cannot wait to see it) that will participate in the last 968 Gathering in Hershey during the Swap Meet. :P I will be sending a separate email to all those who have indicated they will participate with more details on the event and instructions on how to reserve your room.

If you still want to join us, either for the 968 Dinner and needing a hotel Friday night (remaining rooms will be given to whomever contacts me first) or able to join our Caravan Sat 7am - or - just want to park your 968 with us in the 968 Parking area at the Swap Meet - let me know at dhassenbein@comcast.net :P

Will this be your last chance to join me as host for a 968 Gathering in Hershey, affirmative! - according to my Supreme Allied Commander Elke. :P She is a German girl and gets her way - most of the time.

Don

Edited by 94SilverCab, 02 February 2009 - 12:01 PM.

#8 DaveN

968 Forums Addict

• Booster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts
  • City:Campbell River
  • State:British Columbia
  • What year is your 968?:1993
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Coupe (1993)
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Wow, I should know better to throw a challenge out to 968 owners. :P

As of right now, I have 15 968's, and their owners, for Friday night and another 5 968s joining us for the Saturday 968 Caravan to the Swap Meet. I had reserved 25 rooms for Friday and 5 for Sunday. Still have 10 rooms for Friday and 3 for Sat. May be able to get more but cannot promise.

15 968' coming from; Canada (1), Connecticut (2), Maryland (1), New Jersey (2), New York (2), Pennsylvania (4) and Virginia (3). Right now Canada is the furthest distance and PA is the most owners. Let's see if that changes, as in previous years. :P

Clock is ticking, let me know at dhassenbein@comcast.net if you want to join the 968 Gathering in Hershey.

Did I mention this may be the last 968 Gathering that I host (grandkids, other commitments, getting zu alt, etc). :P

So, if you lhave never been to a 968 Gathering and seen a lot of rare 968s in one spot, this is your chance. If you met other 968 owners at previous events and want to catch up with them on their activities, this is the place. If you are looking for a rare Porsche part, this is the place (according to the Swap Meet officials, they had 724 Vendors at last year's Swap Meet). Another photo from last year's event below. If you can only meet us with your 968 for the Caravan Saturday morning 7am at the Holiday Inn in Grantville, let me know. :P

Cutoff remains this Sunday night. I will notify all attendees next week on how to finalize your reservation for the discounted ($99 per night plus tax) hotel rooms plus provide you more info on the event.

Don

Here is another photo from 2008 968 Gathering.

If you ever get near Seattle I'll be there. There are quite a few 968's in Vancouver and the BC west coast. Unfortunately thery are not all forum members, yet ;)

#9 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

Dave,

Last time I was in Seattle was when I was in the Air Force on TDY taking weather equipment over to Fanning Island for a 6 month assignment. I do remember that it was sunny and warm every day! <_<

There are 7 members in the 968 Register from Washington state so organizing a GTG seems feasible. ;)

Latest status of 968 Gathering in Hershey on April 24th and 25th:

- 23 owners bringing their 968s
- 11 Cabriolets, 10 Coupes, 1 Firehawk and 1 Strosek Cab (2 if Biotechee comes)
- Colors: Aventura Green (1), Black (3). Grand Prix White (5), Guards Red (6), Horizon Blue (1), Midnight Blue Met (2), Mint Green (1), Polar Silver Met (1), Riviera Blue (1) and Speed Yellow (2)

Would love to see your Coupe, Cabriolet, Club Sport, Turbo RS, Turbo S, Turbo S or R Replica at the show. A few rooms left for Friday night, 1 left for Saturday night.

Don
dhassenbein@comcast.net

#10 Paul Anthony

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

Don always hosts a nice event.

#11 RS Barn

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

Don,
I'm pretty sure Pablo will be with me for friday and saturday swap meet. Stew H. is planning to come with his black coupe
with new vigor by then and a new 968 guy from PA who contacted me today. He didn't know anything about 968 community or me. I showed him pic of '06 at Newtown. He had tears in his eyes after seeing so many 968's in same location.
Pete

#12 hot968

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

Hi every one, Just wanted to tell any one who maybe thinking about joining the 968 Gathering in Herhsey, it is worth the trip. This is a fantastic gathering of all 968's with a wide variety of styles, mods and colors of the 968. The people are all enthusiatic and very knowledgable about their car. It is truely a good time and ad the swap meet and you can even get a great buy on some thing you have been looking for. We have traveled alot but I have to say I look forward to this vacation the most. Don is an excellent organizer and these events are always well thought out and run smooth. Please join us and say Hi to fellow 968 er's rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

#13 rhudeboye

968 Forums Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts
  • City:Bowie
  • State:MD

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (PorscheDude @ Jan 26 2009, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You gonna make it this year David?

I'm gonna shoot for the swap meet. Its such a nice drive up there. Outside of the construction.

#14 cosimo

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • City:reston
  • State:va
  • What year is your 968?:1995
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Coupe (2011)
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:55 AM

There is a Hilton Garden Inn that is close to the Swap Meet that is very nice. It was used for 2 of the 968 Celebrations.

#15 Joel

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • City:Fairfax Station, School in Chester
  • State:Va, School in PA

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

exactly... we will only be there for one night, which isnt bad at all. but what moms says goes. :/

the meet is months away and im already excited!!

#16 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

Latest status - total of 24 968 signed up with 28 guests for the 968 Dinner at the Holiday Inn Friday night. I have 7 rooms left ($99 plus tax) for Friday night and 2 left for Saturday night. So, if anyone still needs a discount room in a comfortable hotel. let me know. smile.gif

If you prefer to stay at a different hotel (I stopped using the Hilton Garden Inn since they could not provide enough rooms and accomodate all our guests for dinner) , that is fine too - just let me know whether you can join us for the 968 Dinner at the Holiday Inn Friday night and the am Caravan and Tech Session on Saturday. wink.gif

Pete, thanks for the tip, I will contact Stew H.

Main thing is to be at the last 968 Gathering in Hershey hosted by the Redbaron tongue.gif

Don
dhassenbein@comcast.net (the only guy who provides his email address)

#17 crespo

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • City:Philadelphia

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

Yup... I should be able to make it, and very much look forward to it. Unless, of course, I get pulled to some horrible Hawaiian rolleyes.gif island in the middle of the Pacific....

#18 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:21 AM

Pablo,

Great news, look forward to seeing you again. I was hoping you would also bring your 968 Race Car and have a race with Pete's Firehawk but then I realized Pete did the work on both and it would really be a tight race since both are super-fast! wink.gif

Yeah, it is tough to have to go Aloha so often (last time I was in Hawaii was a long time ago in the service). laugh.gif

Hope you can make it to the 968 Gathering dinner with Pete.

Don

#19 Anchorman

968 Forums Addict

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts
  • City:Mahwah
  • State:NJ
  • What year is your 968?:1995
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:43 PM

"...the last 968 Gathering in Hershey hosted by the Redbaron"

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

#20 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

Jim,

As the song goes "I am not as good as I once was, but I am just as good once as I ever was!" rolleyes.gif

I had 2 more signups today, for new total of 26. Most are coming for the entire event, others can only join us for the 968 Caravan (my favorite) and/or the Swap Meet plus the Tech Session.

I had considered giving my mint 94 Guards Red Coupe or the 57 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe as a surprise gift to the 100th 968 owner who signed up but you guys may call my bluff! blink.gif

We have had many 968s participate in my 7 years of hosting Celebrations and Gatherings - we have had many coupes & cabriolets with unique modification and colors, an original Club Sport (Joska), an original Turbo S (Pete F) an original Turbo RS (Matt D), many Turbo S conversions, a Supercharged version and a Strosek Cabriolet (Rich T). Pablo C. is driving Pete F's 968 Firehawk to the event. So only other 968 left for me to see is a 968 Sport (they were only sold in UK) and that 968 Slate Grey Coupe with the Corvette 400 hp V8 engine in it (Excellence Oct 2007 issue). I believe the fellow's name was Tom Eagan from Birmingham. Anybody know him? I would like to invite him to my final hosted event? wink.gif

We will have a great time and I look forward to seeing old and new friends, and their 968s, at the event. tongue.gif

Don

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.