• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 968forums

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:30 PM

In forums where attachments are allowed you have even more control then before. Not only can you attach multiple files, you can have them show up in the middle of your post with a pretty thumbnail automatically made for you.

When posting to a forum which attachments are allowed we have lots of controls at our fingertips:
Attached File  manage.png   5.38KB   1 downloads

1) Click "Browse" and choose a file from your local hard drive to upload. Images type you can post here are: gif, jpeg, jpg, png.
You can also upload documents such as PDF or ZIP files.

2) Click "Add This Attachment", this will actually upload it, if you forget this step your attachment will not get uploaded WAIT for uploading message - the message will disappear when your file has been successfully uploaded.
Attached File  updating.png   2.42KB   1 downloads

After this step you will see a screen similar to the image above. There's a few numbers to give you some feedback, on the left side is the Global Space Left which represents the total amount of space you have available for all your attachments on the entire site. If you need more space PM me and I'll see what I can do (disk space is a limiting factor here).

3) Click "Manage Current Attachments" and the Attached File  plus.png   737bytes   1 downloads to insert your attachment into your post. This will insert a little text placeholder which will be replaced with your real attachment when your post is viewed. It will look something like '[ attachment=6631:attachment_1.png ]'. You may move this around to have it show up anywhere in your post you would like. For example, the image I attached above
Attached File  attachment.png   8.16KB   1 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.