• City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:33 AM

it's that time of year again - time to have a norcal/socal rendezvous - once again we can meet halfway in paso robles - aw shucks - wine and cars and good food - darn

those of you who haven't made it out to this yet have really been missing out - this is a fun run for all

so, i'm thinking may is already shot - how is june 2 or 9?

#2 happysails2you

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Booster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

Darn! Paso Robles?!?! Land of great WINE?!? Drat, wish I could come out and join you guys. Of course, I'm hoping that your fun run happens before the SERIOUS wine consumption begins. :D

Have a great time....and find a great spot for a photo op of my dream come true: 968's in vineyards! Post pics!

#3 Chris Vais

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • City:Santa Rosa
  • State:CA
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Coupe (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:53 PM

Flash:

I'm interested. I have yet to meet anyone from the forums here in Northern California. Unfortunately, I have some conflicts on the dates that you proposed. The weekend of June 1-3 is the same weekend as the Historic Road races at Sears Point Raceway. I have another conflict on the 9th as well.

As it happens, I have a project in Morro Bay so I get down to the Paso area from time to time. I will be in Morro Bay next Friday for a meeting and I am planning to stay over Friday and visit the Eberle and Tablas Creek wineries. Tablas Creek in addition to being a winery also maintains an extensive nursury for Rhone wine vine stock. I understand that much much of the Rhone varietal grape production in the area probably had its roots (pun intended) in Tablas Creek. I'm looking forward to next weekend.

#4 josephsc

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

Either June 2/9 look equally tight. I'm getting married a month later -- so I'm sure my schedule will get tighter and tighter.... Can't make any more commitments (except to my fiancée).

I'm interested. I have yet to meet anyone from the forums here in Northern California.

Chris, some of us might be crashing the Sharks in the Park event in Berkeley tomorrow: Info page, http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=350321. I'll be there if I can get away to play.

#5 Chris Vais

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

Either June 2/9 look equally tight. I'm getting married a month later -- so I'm sure my schedule will get tighter and tighter.... Can't make any more commitments (except to my fiancée).
Chris, some of us might be crashing the Sharks in the Park event in Berkeley tomorrow: Info page, http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=350321. I'll be there if I can get away to play.

I'm going to be in Healdsburg, Sonoma Co. for those of you not from CA, at a couple of wine makers events all day tomorrow. We should get some of the Bay area guys together some time for a drive up there. Although most of the Wineries, whose clubs I belong to are located along the Westside Road which is definitely not for spirited driving. Actually, given the crowds on weekends, it isn't wise to drive in a spirited manner. Too many SUVs, minivans and cops.

#6 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

i was just throwing those dates out there - i'm open

lol - you guys are welcome to say "i can do this date" rather than " i have some lame excuse why i have to miss yet another great event"

big hint guys: bring the woman along - odds are she will like wine

#7 ds968

968 Forums Psycho

• Advocate
  • 10,728 posts
  • City:San Carlos
  • State:Ca

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:37 PM

as things stand now, most of the weekends in June, and for that matter July and August are ok for me .. so whichever date gets the largest vote with everyone, count me in also. I know July and August in Paso Robles gets to be pretty toasty and the "fun run" part of the event will likely suffer because these cars thrive in cool weather, but the wine tasting part will make up for it no matter what the weather is like outside the cellar ;)

#8 josephsc

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:16 PM

big hint guys: bring the woman along - odds are she will like wine

Good point -- I need to pitch this as a wine-tasting event, as opposed to a fun run. If I combine it with a Hearst Castle run on the following day, it might work out. Hmm..... ;)

#9 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:46 PM

lol - how do you think i get to do a lot of this stuff?

and i might suggest staying at the moonstone inn in cambria - very quint little b&b kind of place - right on the water - very cute little breakfast joint just up the road - you can go down and play with the sea lions (ok - you can get within 30 ft of them and wave)

#10 rustech

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:10 PM

I'll do my best to work with whatever date is decided. It will most likely be just me since we now have a little one, unless I can talk the Grandparents into...hmmm.

#11 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:52 AM

i'm now thinking the 2nd is tough for me - i just found out i need to drive to portland and back and wil return on the 31st or 1st - i don't really want to be that tired, but i'll do it if that is what is necessary to make this happen

#12 Aahz

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:40 PM

I should be available for any of those dates.

#13 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 May 2007 - 05:42 AM

ok - guys - bumping this up - you bay area guys need to get of it and make this

going for the 9th - we should probably establish rendezvous points and times, like we have in the past, so that the 2 groups can travel "together" and meet in paso

#14 ds968

968 Forums Psycho

• Advocate
  • 10,728 posts
  • City:San Carlos
  • State:Ca

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

I'm IN for the 9th. :D Ok, a few of us northerners caravaned down last time - anyone interested in doing that again ?

#15 Chris Vais

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:54 AM

Unfortunately, the 9th will not work for me. I was in Morro Bay this past week on business and came back Saturday, but not before checking out a couple of wineries, both worth a visit.

Tablas Creek - Winery specializes in Rhone style wines. They are associated with the Chateau Beaucastel, one of the premier Rhone producers in France. In fact all of Tablas Creek's vines were grafted from Beaucastel root stock and Tablas now also has a vine nursery that supplies other Rhone varietal growers in the Central Coast Region. The winery is located on the west side of Paso on Adelaida Rd.

Eberle - Also a Rhone producer that does Sangiovese, Zinfandel, and Cab. Sav. Worth a visit and located off of Hwy 46 E. near the airport.

There are at least 4 other wineries on the west side that I will visit in the coming months as my project develops and client meetins are scheduled on site.

Have fun and I'll catch you all another time.

#16 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:59 AM

is set up a private cave tour of eberle 2 years ago - lots of fun

i'm working on the tours now

chris - you should rearrange your schedule - i am generally able to set up things not available to the public - it's a short drive- come out and play

#17 Chris Vais

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:34 AM

I wish I could, but unfortunately I have a funeral to attend. One of the people that I flew with during my military service was lost on a mission over North Viet Nam. His remains were finally recovered 2 years ago and identified in the last few months. We will be gathering as many of us that are still alive and well, for a memorial service and internment at Arlington this weekend. There remains now only one more missing to bring home.

Have fun all of you who go to Paso, and raise a glass in honor of our young people fighting overseas. They deserve your support and your respect.

Flash, we'll definitely do Paso another time.

#18 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:39 AM

ok - i get you're busy, but i'm confused? you're there this weekend, but the 9th is 2 weeks away

oh well - next time - it is becoming and annual thing

#19 Chris Vais

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

I see why you may be confused, I got a week ahead of myself in my post. The memorial service and internment are the weekend of the 9th. Sorry for the confusion.

I definitely have a lot going on, no question, so when I get an opportunity, as I did this past weekend I tend to take advantge. The route from Morro Bay to the Bay Area runns through Paso and I expect there will be numerours project meetings during the life of the project.

#20 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

no worries - i do that all the time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.