• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • City:Scottsdale
  • State:AZ
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:16 AM

Drove the 17 (I think) down from San Jose to Santa Cruz yesterday. Wow, what a great road. Other than to many cars in my way, I was loving life! Fun fun!

Flash - got your message yesterday. I don't think I'll be able to hook up on this trip. I also wasn't quite sure if you'd be available, and space in the 968 was limited so I didn't bring the speakers. But I can ship them over if you want. I'll definitely be out again in the summer.

#2 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:22 AM

bummer on all counts - well, now we'll just have to make a special thing out of it won't we? i might be in your neck of the woods for the big cinco de mayo porsche event

#3 Prettym1k3

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 11:11 AM

So, I had this nice huge long reply, and then my computer took a sh*t on me.

17 is nothing compared to 9.

Go drive 9, and 17 will seem like driving the 25mph zone near the local elementary school with crossing gaurds and sh*zzle. It's nothing compared to 9.

Also, take 9 up to Skyline, right on Skyline, down to 84. 84 is really short, but it's a kick ass drive. Also, 84 will dump you off on 280, so you can head to wherever you're going from there...

P.S. I'm down for a late night drive one of these days.

Anyone else?

#4 Josho

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:47 PM

Those are all great roads, I'm up for it anytime!!! :P

#5 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:59 PM

and make sure you stop at alice's

#6 Silver BLT

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 05:20 PM

I used to ride my bicyle from the bottom of hwy. 9 to skyline, did it once even nonstop. (30 years ago) My buddies and i used to race cars downhill. We never won of course but we gave'm a run for their money! Hwy 9 IS great fun. Just watch out for the out of control cyclists. :rolleyes: Too many cars on 17 for my liking.
Silver BLT

#7 flash

• Admin
  • 28,624 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 March 2005 - 07:48 PM

i remember when i was young and immortal - we used to make the run on the motorcycles all the way up 92 then down 1 and back up 9 - it was on 92 that we would stop at alice's - got confused - remembered the 9 part of the run - a long time ago now - and we went from bar to bar, so details, well, you know

#8 dlearl476

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • City:Provo
  • State:Utah
  • What year is your 968?:1992

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:02 PM

>Too many cars on 17 for my liking.

Exactly why all these roads should be reserved for SportBikes
:)

But then, you'd never get the pleasure of passing a 996 turbo who thinks HE'S going fast on the inside over a double yellow. (not that I would ever do such a thing)
Flash: you're only as old as you believe you are! :(

You guys are making me homesick for the city by the bay. The closest "GREAT" road I have down here is the Angeles Crest and a bunch of roads in that area. And a few in Southern Utah. But so far, not much compares to the NorCal stuff. (I really liked the MadMaps Cruise North of Sausalito, up the coast and across to Petaluma (?)

#9 josephsc

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:50 PM

I think Silver was commenting as a human-powered cyclist (rather than as a sport bike rider).

Anyhow, I've grown fond of the Santa Monica mountain roads (the canyons) -- but still not as nice as the road back up north. BTW, we've already had quite a few p-cars damaged this year in those roads up north -- be careful!

Couple weeks ago, I got to experience a road that was super fun and super scenic: western coastal road of Sardinia (Alghero south to Bosa). All twisty and scenic -- kinda like Highway 1, except with zero traffic. Too bad I only had a rental car....

#10 SANDOVAL

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:58 PM

Drove the 17 (I think) down from San Jose to Santa Cruz yesterday. Wow, what a great road. Other than to many cars in my way, I was loving life! Fun fun!

Flash - got your message yesterday. I don't think I'll be able to hook up on this trip. I also wasn't quite sure if you'd be available, and space in the 968 was limited so I didn't bring the speakers. But I can ship them over if you want. I'll definitely be out again in the summer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Make sure you ad the event to the Calendar if you have not allready done so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.