9 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Kelly

968 Forums Rookie

• Rookie
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 February 2024 - 03:25 PM

My passenger door handle trigger broke.   All the parts suppliers are telling me that it is no longer available.  Does anyone have one for sale or know where one might be purchased?  Thanks

#2 Bob Kelly

968 Forums Rookie

• Rookie
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 February 2024 - 03:46 PM

The part number is 94453767200

#3 dlearl476

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • City:Provo
  • State:Utah
  • What year is your 968?:1992
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 28 February 2024 - 09:07 PM

The part number is 94453767200

There’s a guy on the RL that is parting out several cars, but he wants to sell the handles complete. I wanted to buy a trigger to have when I tore into my doors, just in case. But it wasn’t worth buying two handles for a part I might not need. 

Edited by dlearl476, 28 February 2024 - 09:08 PM.

#4 vliegwielolaf1234

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • City:Biddinghuizen
  • State:netherlands
  • What model is your 968?:None

Posted 29 February 2024 - 03:25 AM

Had the problem with de door trigger right as well , took it appart , was a worn thru little stud , took the handle out , took the worn stud out , used a slightly bigger drill-bit to get everything drilled out and straight again , then used the same drill , the end part  wich was in the drill , and made it to length needed  , hit one end with a hamer , (it is just tiny stud ) , so it was slightly out of round (just at one end so it will stay in place ) , an tapped it in to place , lubricated is with grapphite and works fine ever since .

It is actuallu a hollow tiny stud wicht holds the trigger in place , and since the lubricant  if there was any , it just wears thru in time .

So it can be fixed , by yourself or a handyman 

Edited by vliegwielolaf1234, 29 February 2024 - 06:39 AM.

#5 Bob Kelly

968 Forums Rookie

• Rookie
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 February 2024 - 05:19 PM

Thanks, but my problem is that my trigger snapped in half.  No fixing it.  I have now taken 2 routes for a solution.  1. I ordered the 944 door trigger kit from 944online to see if I could modify the trigger to fit the 968, will do this when I receive it.  2. I took a left door trigger that I had and cut off the small protrusion that is on the wrong side for a right trigger, then I drilled a hole on the correct side, tightened a screw through the hole, cut off the bottom of the screw, and then filed the head of the screw to be in the correct shape.  I filed all the shape edges to hopefully have smooth operation.  I will post which of these work. 

#6 lbpesq

968 Forums Fanatic

• Booster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts
  • City:Oakland
  • State:California
  • What year is your 968?:1993

Posted 02 March 2024 - 10:01 AM

Necessity is, indeed, the mother of invention!  Looking forward to your results report.   My passenger handle is very difficult to pull, feels like it could easily break.  Is there anything I can do to make it easier to open before it breaks?  

Bill

#7 Inkedupfatboy

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  • City:Mims
  • State:Florida
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 March 2024 - 08:25 PM

Stop letting passengers ride in the car? That would be my go to, but I'm antisocial....Your results may differ.

#8 Bob Kelly

968 Forums Rookie

• Rookie
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 12 March 2024 - 05:40 PM

The altered left door trigger worked better that the aftermarket 944 right trigger.  Although both worked.  The problem with the 944 trigger was grinding the bump down left a weak handle.  I don't know why my original handle became so stiff where I had to pull hard to get the door open, which it did for about a year, until the day I squeezed the trigger and it broke in two.  It is all fixed now and works better than it has for a long time.

#9 vliegwielolaf1234

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • City:Biddinghuizen
  • State:netherlands
  • What model is your 968?:None

Posted 13 March 2024 - 01:21 AM

Good work !

I believe it is the worn little post it rotates around , and no lubricant , is the cause , does not explain the broken handle a 100% , maybe it had a casting fault , not as strong as it should have been .

#10 dlearl476

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • City:Provo
  • State:Utah

Posted 18 March 2024 - 06:30 PM

I don't know why my original handle became so stiff where I had to pull hard to get the door open, which it did for about a year, until the day I squeezed the trigger and it broke

That grease in there is 30 years old. It gets dry and sticky. 

I broke mine because they were getting out of adjustment due to age and my central locking was getting sticky. I opened the drivers door with the key but the pass side didn’t fully unlock. I thought it was just being sticky and I forced the trigger against a partially locked door and it snapped. I’m not sure if I broke the trigger or the plastic bit on the rod. We’ll see. 

I’ve got all the parts to fix my doors but I didn’t get to it last summer. It looks like it’s spring now so I’m going to go get the car out of mothballs this week or next. 

Edited by dlearl476, 18 March 2024 - 06:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.