4 replies to this topic

#1 ryker

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

In another thread we were talking about Irvine Cars & Coffee shutting down. I got an email today about a new Cars & Coffee in Malibu. Great location right across the street from Pepperdine.

Regarding Cars & Coffee Irvine, the site now states that they will start it back up this year. They are now calling it Cars & Coffee OC, so I'm sure a different location since they outgrew the last location.

http://www.malibucarsandcoffee.com/

#2 ds968

968 Forums Psycho

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,728 posts
  • City:San Carlos
  • State:Ca
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

Apparently there is a coffee & cars regular meeting up here in NorCal also ( in Blackhawk ) . I only know of this because of a story in the news this week which reported that some bozo crashed his new BMW M4 leaving the meet and while trying to show off lost control of the car and ran over a center divider trashing the car in the process.. He blamed it on low tire pressure, lol.

Edited by ds968, 07 January 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#3 bombfactory

968 Forums Fanatic

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • City:Huntington Beach
  • State:CA
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

The 'exit burnout' ends up causing a lot of carnage at these weekly car shows, hence the obligatory motorcycle cop now stationed nearby for the duration. Looking forward to the new location of the Irvine C&C - Malibu is a little too far from the OC - hopefully we'll hear something soon.

#4 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts
  • City:Bucks County
  • State:Pennsylvania
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

At our local car & coffee the police regularly roll through to let us know that they will be parked "right up, there"...all smart people respectfully acknowledge the soft warning. Others, get ticketed...

Jay

#5 Rap

968 Forums Lunatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,574 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

I remember when I came out to visit Flash for an Ortega Run. We went to cars and coffee and he was emphatic about leaving slowly in his white car. Of course there was a noticeable police presence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.