• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • City:Plantation
  • State:Florida
  • What year is your 968?:1993
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

The Gold Coast Regions Annual Spring Picnic is going to be held on March 30th at C.B. Smith Park in Broward county Fl. We are extending a special invitation to all four cylinder water pumpers (924 to 968) to come and join the fun. The event is free with all food and drinks supplied by the club, a Tech Quiz and Peoples Choice Concourse will take place along with a playground and volleyball for the kids.

The reason for this special invitation is that although we have normally 40 to 50 cars of all types at this event the region has noticed a steady decline in the turn out of four cylinder cars and wants to do every thing it can to turn that trend around. I’m sure that we have more than one reason for the decline, heck the youngest of our cars is now 19 years old. We also have that reasoning that PCA is just about 911’s and our cars are looked down upon. I also love the one were my car is not a concourse car, I drive and autocross it and those guys are all about concourse. All very valid points but the Gold Coast Region wants to be inclusive to all Porsches. We don’t care if your car is ready for Pebble Beach or is used as an Autocross / Drivers Ed. Track Rat we have events that you will surly enjoy.

In the coming year we will be adding four cylinder events within the structure of our regular events and adding new events and Tech Days for the four cylinder cars. The idea is to have fun and enjoy your car and sharing that with others with the same interest.

Gold Coast Annual Spring Fling Picnic
March 30th 2014 10:30 to 4:00
C. B. Smith Park
900 North Flamingo Road
Pembroke Pines Fl. 33028
Shelter #15

#2 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts
  • City:Bucks County
  • State:Pennsylvania
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

Way to go Peter!

Jay

#3 Qfrank

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • City:Tampa
  • State:Florida
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Coupe (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

That is great. I wish I could be there, but will not be in town.

I have done several events with your region, as I am in the Suncoast region out of Tampa and Sarasota. We do joint autocross and DE events, several times a year, Lots of water pumpers in both our regions.

Good luck, and maybe I can make it next year.

You should send notice to other regions, Suncoast, and Citrus Region(Orlando), Spacecoast as well.

FQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.