Can you post externally hosted images to this site?

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Paul W

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • City:Chicago
  • State:IL
  • What year is your 968?:1993
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Coupe (1993)
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

I tried to cut and paste my new car post from Reenlist and post it over here also, I'm using all externally hosted images, can you use the [img] tags or HTML tags? When I went to go preview it with the IMG tags, only the first picture came up, the rest was just the code.

I have to say that this forum has a lot of info, but there are so many sub-forums, I really don't know where to post some of the items, and when I think I have it (like to post my car buying experience in the introductions forum), it says I do not have permission.

Here is the Reenlist post:

http://forums.R.L..c...es-version.html

Thanks!

Paul

#2 968forums

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

You cannot post links to that site.

You also cannot post html.

There is also a limit to per post pic sizes, files sizes, and total post size.

The introductions area is for introductions only. As it says there, pics are not allowed.

The Gallery allows larger pics, as does the Garage.

#3 Paul W

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:32 AM

Thanks for the info....I am new to the 968, I see there are a few 968 forums, it appears to be that there is some bad blood along the way between them or something. I would like to share my story, but don't really feel like uploading the 25 pictures that I already have hosted. Thanks for the reply!

#4 Inkedupfatboy

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  • City:Mims
  • State:Florida
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

When I was looking at buying my car, I looked at many of the 968 sites...I asked to be a part of several and had my requests to join go unheeded for weeks. This site has come to stand out as a great resource for my needs with welcoming and supportive people. Many of the other 968 sites are actually not updated now or just outright abandoned.

Take some time and read the introductions thread and about posting pics and such...it is not a difficult process and eventually you will start to figure things out and if you have trouble, just ask and usually someone will answer your question.

There are volumes of information here and some of the members are encyclopedic in their knowledge...don't miss the opportunity to have this as a resource just because you have to post some pics twice. Hey, we all want to see your car!

Ed

#5 banditsc

968 Forums Fanatic

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

You can, just click the image button (looks like a picture) and input the url to the graphic.

#6 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:33 AM

lol - it's too bad you started there. a lot more people would see it here. this is the world's largest and most active 968 site

we don't exactly frown on externally hosted stuff, but we prefer it to be hosted here. this is all part of creating a library for posterity. if we have a bunch of externally hosted stuff, it could go away when that person ends the hosting. we already had that happen a number of years ago.

that's why we have the garage section. we highly encourage using it.

#7 Paul W

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

Sounds good....I'm sure I could add to things that I haven't been posted.....but I am so used to hosting myself, it's not "normal" to me to upload things. I understand about the pictures going away some day.

I actually host them on my site, www.audipages.com, if you look at it, I created over 50 procedures (probably more like 75, or others contributed) for the Audi A8. Hope I can contribute here.

My "new car post" is the on the "unnamed" website if you want to see it.....you might like it! If I get time, I will post it here, but it took a long time and has lots and lots of pictures.

Cheers!

#8 Inkedupfatboy

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  • City:Mims
  • State:Florida
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Nice chauffeur!

Welcome again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.