• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • City:Atlanta
  • State:GA
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Has there been any talk of putting the forum on Tapatalk? I did a search and got no hits, so i don't think there are any threads about it. I've become addicted to keeping up with other fora using the app. It has some issues, but overall it's sliced bread for me. Not sure what it enntails from the forum's perspective though. It's free for users as far as I know. At least it was free or .99. I usually consider those free in my own pea brain. Hope I'm not stirring up a hornets nest. I'm not here often, but I check in and read he days highlights from time to time. I''ve had the 968 since 2004, so I feel like I have to keep up wth this group. I tend to run off at the mouth and ramble sometimes and get called out for it, so I try not to say a whole lot. It's my age. I'm really old but I like these new fangled things, like iphones, ipads, sling box, zero turn riding lawn mowers, and the like.

#2 tamathumper

968 Forums Addict

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts
  • City:Denver
  • State:NC
  • What year is your 968?:1993
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1993)
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:11 PM

Quit rambling!

Just kidding... :D

#3 banditsc

968 Forums Fanatic

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

It's possible, I've never used it, I always cancel the tapatalk popup when it informs me a forum has a mobile theme since the only mobile device I use is a table and it has plenty of real estate for the normal theme.

#4 Inkedupfatboy

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  • City:Mims
  • State:Florida
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

The older I get, the less I like change. I will totally be the "Hey you damn kids get off my lawn" guy. Oh, wait, I already am....

#5 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

i don't use, and do not plan to use, any of those social network gadgets. i don't want to have everything spread all over the place. further, i want people to come here and visit our sponsor's sites and such. i also want people to cruise around the site and find things they won't find by just seeing what is currently going on. this is a lot more than a chat area. this is a library. those abbreviated access tools prevent that from being the resource that it is.

#6 lbpesq

968 Forums Fanatic

• Booster
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • City:Oakland
  • State:California
  • What year is your 968?:1993

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

As a society we seem more and more to be resembling the Borg. (google Borg - Star Trek if you don't follow the analogy). I deliberately choose to remain outside the the giant connected brain that is social media/twitter/texting/etc. I worry for our future when I go to a restaurant and see a table full of 20 or 30 somethings all sitting there staring at their phones instead of interacting.

#7 Inkedupfatboy

968 Forums Fanatic

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  • City:Mims
  • State:Florida
  • Garage Vehicles:
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Every day I use facebook less and less. In fact the only reason I am still on is to cyber stalk my kids - lol and the fact I have an extension called social fixer installed, so I can make it look like I want and eliminate all the ads and nasty inane crap.

#8 Scott Collins

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • City:Cranbury
  • State:NJ
  • What year is your 968?:1992
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Coupe (1992)
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:36 AM

Just finished helping run a Vacation Bible School (VBS) at my church. We had no video or tv or web presence of any kind. Only humans interacting with other humans in person. We did however run a slideshow and student produced film at the conclusion.

I'm fully aware that I am sharing this on an online forum, but the point is that in some situations, the best thing we can do is unplug.

BTW, what is Tapatalk?

#9 smshirk

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

No big deal. I don't see it as any different. You use a pc or you use a phone or Tablet. There are a few downsides in that graphics and formatting are limited but you can access any thread using tapatalk as you can with a pc. Many car forums are not using tapatalk I'm probably older than 90% of the guys here and just as set in my own ways. I have just found using small communicators to be useful. I figured there was some fees associated at the forum to sign up and that was the reason. Anyway no big deal

#10 smshirk

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Just finished helping run a Vacation Bible School (VBS) at my church. We had no video or tv or web presence of any kind. Only humans interacting with other humans in person. We did however run a slideshow and student produced film at the conclusion.

I'm fully aware that I am sharing this on an online forum, but the point is that in some situations, the best thing we can do is unplug.

BTW, what is Tapatalk?

A smart phone app that provides access to multiple forums from a common logon is the short answer, and its most useful feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.