• 5,560 posts
  • City:Bucks County
  • State:Pennsylvania
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:43 PM

http://s63.photobuck...nt=HPIM0869.jpg

See all the pics in our Photobucket albumn

Having a great time...Wash and Shine begins in an hour...

Jay

#2 Mark

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 09:07 AM

Had a good time yesterday even if my car didn't, I lost the water pump but fortunately it was 100 feet from Pete's shop and it is now resting comfortably at RSBarn. The wife drove up and picked me up in her 968 and wsa home by 12:30am. It was nice meeting most of the people there, I think I missed a few,and putting faces to the names is always good. I'll try and get some of my pics up later today although I didn't take that many.

#3 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:43 PM

Thanks to everyone who made this such a memorable event. It was terrific sharing Bucks County with you great folks.

I posted pics of the wine and cheese on Photobucket, promise to post more tomorrow...for now, must get sleep!

Regards,

Jay

http://s63.photobuck...135/968Newtown/

#4 RS Barn

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

As I posted on the other site:

For Those Who Rocked

We Salute You!!!

What a great time.

Pete
RS Barn

#5 Darryl

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • City:Sterling
  • State:VA
  • What year is your 968?:1992
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

Can't say enough about Jay and Pete! This was an absolute blast! Met a great bunch of folks. This morning's fun run was...well...FUN. Anybody close enough should definitely go see Pete at RSBarn. Thanks for everything.

Jay, if you'll PM or e-mail me the username/password, I can add my pics to the Photobucket.

- Darryl

#6 Anchorman

968 Forums Addict

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts
  • City:Mahwah
  • State:NJ
  • What year is your 968?:1995

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:53 PM

Kudos to Jay and Pete - and thanks to all that attended. It was a great event! Those that didn't attend - you missed a well organized fun time. No doubt, the 968 benefits from a great group of owners.

#7 SANDOVAL

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:27 PM

Gallery is now open for uploads:

http://www.968forums...y&cmd=sc&cat=49

#8 Bob Kovacs

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:32 AM

Here are some of my photos from the event, which includes shots from the wine & cheese party on Friday night, the wash & shine on Saturday morning, tech sessions on Saturday afternoon, dinner on Saturday night and picnic on Sunday afternoon. Here is my Photobucket location:

http://s31.photobuck..... Celebration/

I have lots more and may upload some to Sandoval's hosting site.

Enjoy!!

--Bob

#9 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:56 AM

ok - i'm back - had a great time - thanks for having me - great bunch of guys - lots of cars - those of you who didn't make it, missed out - beautiful countryside on the fun-run - good tech session - great discussions

got to drive pete's "silver bullet" for the weekend - i'll tell you all more about that later - right now, all i can say is "woohoo!"

#10 cosimo

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • City:reston
  • State:va
  • What year is your 968?:1995
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Coupe (2011)
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:14 AM

First, a big thanks to Jay and Pete for hosting the 6th Celebration. Having done one last year I know the amount of work and fretting that goes into planning this event. It was great to see new cars and faces at this year's celebration and some familiar ones. Joe's supercharged 968 is a beauty to behold and then there is that 12000 mile "garage queen". Weather was almost perfect but the little rain didn't spoil any event. The restaurant, Il Sol, was bellisimo. Now for the dumbest thing that happened. I think it was me. When leaving for the the fun run from the Hampton, I left with my rear hatch open. ;) I tore off the yellow tape cordoning off parking space. I didn't want to be left behind as I was solo. Discovered the open hatch about a mile down the road, had to pull over and close it. By then the lead cars were gone as I also hit a red light. SOOOO, now on my own to try and read directions while driving. As the fun run implies, it wasn't go straight for 50 miles and turn left. It was fun with the directions stretched across my steering wheel and my one on the road and the other looking for street signs. Anyway, I made it, a little late but in enough time for some food. I also left a folding chair behind but Jerry Campagna picked it up for me. So, it was great meeting the "Flash" in person. Raj showed up on Saturday but they kept their distance, no fisty cups. I don't always agree with Flash's opinions but he does have a wealth of knowledge on the 968. I will always be a listener to anyone's opinion and make my own decision. Pete's shop is immaculate. I can't believe he does any work there. You could eat off the floor and we did (figuratively). All in all, renewed some friendships and made some new ones. Learned some new stuff. The one thing I have got to do is get the Induction Cleaning done on my car. Pete did it last year and again this year and it is at the top of my list. Look forward to next year when and where ever that may be. :D :D

#11 GuardsRedCoupe

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:16 AM

Many thanks to Jay and Pete for putting on this great event! It was great putting faces with names, I hope I can remember them now! It was too bad I had to cut out early, but duty calls.
Kudos to those who traveled long distances, especially Kim who drove 21 hours!
I was glad that most people knew me before I had to introduce myself. I really think everybody aught to post their mug as an avatar so we all know who everybody is even before we come to these events.
I really hope we do this again next year, I would certainly come again.

#12 jeff968

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • State:conn
  • What year is your 968?:1992

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:29 AM

Thanks Jay and Pete for the great event. We had a good time seeing everyone and all the great 968s. Pete, I've already gone to run-right.com to find my nearest servicer. jeff's 968 cab with the Lambo doors was too cool. It was interesting to meet Bob (flash) in person. he matches his internet persona and he knows his stuff. Thanks to him I now know that the clear bag at the bottom of my wheel well is actually a flat tire bag!!! Thanks Bob. Pete, your turbo is an awesome car. I can't wait to see it once you have it done. I was glad that Raj stopped by although i missed seeing Damian. Maybe next year. Greg had a great time too. Thanks again Jay and Pete!!!

#13 flash

968 Forums Ex Officio Owner

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,624 posts
  • City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:37 AM

loved checking out your memorabilia and the register - thanks

lol - yeah - funny how they don't tell you in the owner's manual that, or the right way the boot cover goes on so that it doesn't impinge on the shoulder belt swivels

#14 Kim

968 Forums Fanatic

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • City:Canning, NS, Canada
  • State:Nova Scotia
  • What year is your 968?:None
  • What model is your 968?:None

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:15 PM

Well .. just walked in the door at 5:45 pm ADST today. What a blast. First off, thanks to Jay and Pete and their wives for the hard work and hospitality. This little foreigner felt very welcome.

Secondly, it was GREAT to be able to put faces to all those funny names on the forums and see all those great cars. What a bunch of characters!

Thirdly, thanks again to Pete for letting me take the induction cleaning gear back to do my other car.

Finally, all of you who didn't go missed out big time. It was a great way to spend my first vacation in 10 years.

Some factoids on the trip:

1. total distance 3180 km (1976 miles)
2. percent of miles in four days relative to total on Don's red car - 16.5%
3. calculated number of miles on my car at that rate in the 12 years that Don put 12,000 miles - 2,163,000.
4. number of Porches seen on the trip outside of Newtown - 4 (1 C4, 1 C2, 1 924S, 1 914.
5. Question 1. - what so may toll booths?
6. Question 2. - why aren't they automated?

#15 Alter Ego

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 26 posts
  • City:Voorhees
  • State:NJ
  • What year is your 968?:1993

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:36 PM

What a great time! It was my first 968 celebration. Never thought i'd see so many 968s at one time. Good people good times. Events like these add to the ownership enjoyment of a 968. The roundtable discussions were very informative and makes me realize how unique our cars and owners are! I admit that the possible lack or extinction of certain wearable parts in our cars has me worried going forward. Thanks to all the excellent work Pete and Flash are doing and hopefully will help us all keep our cars running smoothly forever. Also, I'd like to thank Pete, Jay and their wives for putting together this great event! The best part was seeing fellow 968ers from far away like Kim who drove all the way down from Nova Scotia and Flash who flew out from Cali. Good show!

#16 csc71

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

While I was only able to make it to Sunday's event, it was well worth it and I am thrilled to know that I share this passion with a great group of people. Thanks Jay and Pete! Thanks also to Fred and others who taught me how to take the sunroof out and put it back in on my 16 day old car. My head is only a little sunburnt..but as Fred joked at least I do not have any tan lines. Driving my "new" black coupe with a black coupe in front and a black coupe behind me was a real RARE treat, now I know what people in front and behind me get to see. Also loved seeing the cobalt cab, coral coupe, and an incredible stereo in a white cab, etc, etc. Love the silvers, shades of green, blue, a supercharged beauty, as well as the 928S4 that joined us Sunday. It was also amazing to see the looks on peoples faces :P when we went through the small town of New Hope like a swarm of buzzing bees! Flash: I feel like I should have gotten your autograph and I already subscribed to 9 magazine. Cosimo, great meeting someone with so much experience with Porsches. Kim, great meeting you and wow, what a trip!

Hope to see you all soon and Pete I will call you when I am ready to visit the barn!

Thanks to everyone! Steve csc71

#17 VGM911

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:23 PM

In the event Jay and Pete didn't see this post on .net (it's down again).....

To Jay and Pete,

Congratulations (and many thanks) for giving us the opportunity to enjoy our cars and the camaraderie of people who share the passion of owning and driving Porsches.

The event was "first-rate" in every way and will be savored for quite some time as we remember the people we met, the cars we saw, and the roads we traveled. And thanks to the participants for being so welcoming and friendly - that was one of the best parts of the entire weekend!

And lastly, thank-you Bob (and anyone else) for the pictures you'll be posting of the event!

Jerry
'92 Amazon Green Coupe

#18 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • City:Hershey
  • State:PA

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

Another great 968 Celebration!!!! Jay and Pete did an outstanding job, with lots of help from their wives and children. We thoroughly enjoyed seeing Joe, Mike, Cosimo, Jeff, Jim/Ellen, Bob, Sreedhar and Paige/Emma again. New 968 owners we met include Jerry, Fred, Steve, Martha/Steve, Jon, Darryl, Mark, Kim, Jeffrey and, of course, the "Flash" Bob Larson. I was extremely pleased that Raj was able to join us briefly on Saturday and let me drive the new 944 race car that he and Damian recently purchased. I could not believe the pulling power and how much rubber I burned off (just kidding Damian, Raj just let me look at it). Anchorman's new wheels look awesome! Martha's Metallic Coral Red 968 and Kim's Cobalt Blue Cab were the hits of the show. And then there was Jeff's unbelieveable Purple Cab, with Lambo doors, 911 headlights, blinking lights and custom interior = wow!

The camraderie was great, the food was great and just seeing all those 968s together makes me proud to be a 968 owner. Everyone seemed to like my 968 Laser Cube that I got from Germany and I got a very nice offer from Flash, but no sale, yet! Jeff's 968 Cab Registry keeps growing, good work Jeff!

As mentioned, the 2007 Celebration location is up for grabs so if you are interested in hosting it, drop me a line at Dhassenbein@comcast.net and I will forward a Celebration guide for your review. Hershey, Reston, Newtown - where will the next one be held?

Red Baron (Don Hassenbein) and Frau Elke

(Yeah, I have the Red Garage Queen with almost 12,000 miles and I put 265 miles on it during this trip. I am a little concerned that Kim will volunteer to have next year's Celebration in Nova Scotia, that is going to be a long haul for all of us! LOL!

#19 GuardsRedCoupe

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:16 AM

What were the results of the Show & Shine judging?

#20 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:23 AM

Best Coupe

Martha Farmer/Steve Carhart

Coral Red Metallic

Best Cabriolet

Jeff Coe

Best Overall

Don Hassenbein

Best Modified

Joe Caprigno

(Supercharged)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.