• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts
  • City:Bucks County
  • State:Pennsylvania
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:46 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Pete Fitzpatrick (RS Barn) and I would like to invite you all to attend a 968 “Event” in Newtown, Pennsylvania (Bucks County) on the weekend of May 20th and 21st 2006.

Pete and I both attended the 968 celebration in Fairfax Virginia last June and I speak for both of us when I say that we enjoyed the camaraderie of meeting other 968 owners and were not in least discouraged that “only” about 30 cars showed up. The people we met made the trip worthwhile, and we would like to see you all again. Pete and I agree that we have no intention of “hi-jacking” the 968-celebration name and if there is an event in Fairfax next year we will support Ron and Randi an every way.

Reasons why you should attend the 968 in Bucks County Event:

Bucks County is centrally located between Boston and Richmond to the North and South and Pittsburgh to the West. (A 300-mile distance according to Mapquest)

Bucks County is located squarely in the middle of PCA Zone 2 and is convenient to Zones 1 and 4.

Newtown, PA is central to Holbert’s Porsche and Porsche of Princeton and right at the front door of RS Barn, a great opportunity to be in the heart of Porsche and 968 tuning country. Many of the most active posters on 968.net and 968 Forums live within a very short distance of Newtown, PA. We will encourage everyone to attend so that you have opportunities to “put a face with the name”.

We will gladly welcome our 968 brothers from the South, West and Mid-west as well, but understand that many of us don’t want to drive our cars more than 1,000 miles in a weekend, so we believe that a national 968 celebration would not work for most of us and that we should concentrate on a region.

Newtown, PA is conveniently located at the hub of I-95, PA Turnpike, NJ Turnpike, Route 1, etc.

Bucks County boasts some of the most beautiful roadway in the country, our “Fun Run” will take advantage of scenic beautiful drives along the Delaware River through Historic Newtown and Doylestown and chic New Hope.

We will plan the event so that there are a host of activities for 968 owners and for those that would like to do something else. There are plenty of opportunities to shop, sightsee, or relax in a spa atmosphere.

Please let us know if there is any interest in attending. We will post more information as it is developed.

Jay Kravitz
Pete Fitzpatrick

#2 RPM

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • City:Apex
  • State:NC
  • What year is your 968?:None
  • What model is your 968?:None

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:39 PM

471 miles from my front door. I'm in.
Thanks for taking on the task!

#3 Darryl

968 Forums Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
  • City:Sterling
  • State:VA
  • What year is your 968?:1992
  • What model is your 968?:Hardtop

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:41 AM

I would love to attend especially considering that I missed the Fairfax VA event as I didn't purchase my 92 Cab until a week or so AFTER that took place! Count me in.

- Darryl

#4 cosimo

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • City:reston
  • State:va
  • What year is your 968?:1995
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Coupe (2011)
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 August 2005 - 06:53 AM

Jay, the "celebration" is all yours. The celebration event in your neck of the woods is a great location. There will be no "celebration" in Wash DC next year. Randi and I will probably take a big financial hit from the this year's celebration. We had a great time putting it all together but the lack of attendance killed us. Anyway, My fault. I will be with you next year at the 2006 968 Celebration.

#5 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:29 AM

Please reserve May 19th, 20th and 21st on your calendars for the 968 celebration Newtown, PA.

We will bew calling the event 968 Celebration - Newtown in the hope that there will be other 968 Celebration events around the country.

So far, here is the information that we have...

Friday, May 19, 2006 Check-in to Hanpton Inn, informal gathering, wine and cheese, dinner coupons for Newtown eateries.

Saturday, May 20th 2005

Wash and Shine and judging 10 AM -12 Noon at Hampton Inn Newtown
Tech sessions at Goodnoe's Dairy Bar 1:00 PM 4:00 PM
Awards Dinner and Banquet at Il Sol Tuscanny Grill %;30 -7:00 PM

Sunday, May 21st 2006

Fun Run in Bucks County and closing picnic at Tyler State Park.

Hampton Inn - Newtown will be the main meeting place for our vehicles. 35 Rooms have been made available at a rate of $119 per night. This rate will be held until 30 days before the event. Please let them know that you are a part of the 968 celebration in order to take advantage of this special rate.

All events will have corral parking and security.

We will make every attempt to keep prices within last year's guidelines ($25 event and $40 ish for the dinner) we will let everyone know the exact cost when we begin registration later this year.

Let's make this a great event!

Jay Kravitz (94SilverCab)
Pete Fitzpatrick (RS Barn)

#6 SANDOVAL

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:49 AM

Congrats guys! Please drop me a line when we get closer I would love to donate products for your door prizes.

#7 uscarrera

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:36 AM

I want a guarantee that weather for 968 2006 reunion will be like today Sept21, absolutely beautiful here in Yardley/Newtown, low 70s and crystal clear.. Hate to leave my office here and fly home to 90 plus temp and humidity in Florida. But there is always february to look forward to, then I get even.
:D
Rich

#8 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:44 PM

Hi Rich,

If you have any connections for a guarantee like that, I wish you'd use your influence.

I just finished my "interior renovation" (all the torn ugly old gray is now repaired and color matched) this morning and you may have seen Pete and I taking a "spirited" drive around the Newtown bypass to celebrate such a beautiful day.

Hope you'll be available for the celebration May 19th, 20th and 21st, 2006

Jay (and Pete)

#9 redbaron

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • City:Hershey
  • State:PA

Posted 06 October 2005 - 06:41 PM

:P

Hi Rich,

If you have any connections for a guarantee like that, I wish you'd use your influence.

I just finished my "interior renovation" (all the torn ugly old gray is now repaired and color matched) this morning and you may have seen Pete and I taking a "spirited" drive around the Newtown bypass to celebrate such a beautiful day.

Hope you'll be available for the celebration May 19th, 20th and 21st, 2006

Jay (and Pete)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jay and Pete,

Thanks for hosting the 2006 East Coast 968 Celebration! The Guidebook I sent to you earlier this week has all kinds of info about the previous Hershey events. Elke and I will definitely be at your event. I will bring the large 968 Celebration sign. Check with Cosimo, I had given him the door prize ticket roll and some 968 Celebration pens for the Fairfax event - he may some leftovers.

For anyone else who wants to host a 968 Celebration in the future, let me know and I will forward you a Guidebook. I am available to answer any questions about staging an event.

For those that have not heard, a Minichamps Red Coupe CS 1/43 model has finally been issued. Check www.sportcraftcars.com for more info on ordering.

Don Hassenbein
PCA 968 Register Co-Advocate

#10 Anchorman

968 Forums Addict

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts
  • City:Mahwah
  • State:NJ

Posted 07 October 2005 - 03:28 AM

This event is now on my calendar. I even told my wife to plan on attending - this area has enough stuff for her to do that she won't have to suffer carmania to enjoy.

#11 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:39 AM

Hi Anchorman,

There is plenty ot do in Newtown beside the celebration.

Friday night, Pete will host a wine and cheese reception at RS Barn and then we will turn you loose on the many fine restaurants in town. (Parking is available at the VFW and it is an easy 5 minute walk into the heart of town). We are working on coupons and special menu deals.

On Saturday, while those of us who are interested in the tech sessions are at Goodnoe's all of the shopping in town is available for those thast aren't. My wife Melva owns a salon across the street from Goodnoe's and wil offer salon and spa services (www.freestylesalon.com if you want check out her offerings). There are also exercise trails through Tyler State Park or an easy walk to Tyler Mansion to walk through the sculpture Gardens or a walk through historic Newtown Houses. (Newtown was founded in 1683 and has a large and thriving historic district)

The Saturday night Awards Dinner will be held at Il Sol Tuscanny Grill and will be followed by live music and dancing, or you can leave your car safely parked in the car corral and wander around town.

We are very excited about hosting this event, and we will do everything we can to show everyone a good time.

Jay (and Pete)

#12 Anchorman

968 Forums Addict

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:11 AM

Sounds great - and spa services are spot on for my wife. Stand by for reservations.

#13 Larry Currie

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Booster
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:26 AM

Really sounds great!

#14 lee

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 07:57 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Pete Fitzpatrick (RS Barn) and I would like to invite you all to attend a 968 “Event” in Newtown, Pennsylvania (Bucks County) on the weekend of May 20th and 21st 2006.

Pete and I both attended the 968 celebration in Fairfax Virginia last June and I speak for both of us when I say that we enjoyed the camaraderie of meeting other 968 owners and were not in least discouraged that “only” about 30 cars showed up. The people we met made the trip worthwhile, and we would like to see you all again. Pete and I agree that we have no intention of “hi-jacking” the 968-celebration name and if there is an event in Fairfax next year we will support Ron and Randi an every way.

Bucks County is centrally located between Boston and Richmond to the North and South and Pittsburgh to the West. (A 300-mile distance according to Mapquest)

Bucks County is located squarely in the middle of PCA Zone 2 and is convenient to Zones 1 and 4.

Newtown, PA is central to Holbert’s Porsche and Porsche of Princeton and right at the front door of RS Barn, a great opportunity to be in the heart of Porsche and 968 tuning country. Many of the most active posters on .net and 968 Forums live within a very short distance of Newtown, PA. We will encourage everyone to attend so that you have opportunities to “put a face with the name”.

We will gladly welcome our 968 brothers from the South, West and Mid-west as well, but understand that many of us don’t want to drive our cars more than 1,000 miles in a weekend, so we believe that a national 968 celebration would not work for most of us and that we should concentrate on a region.

Newtown, PA is conveniently located at the hub of I-95, PA Turnpike, NJ Turnpike, Route 1, etc.

Bucks County boasts some of the most beautiful roadway in the country, our “Fun Run” will take advantage of scenic beautiful drives along the Delaware River through Historic Newtown and Doylestown and chic New Hope.

We will plan the event so that there are a host of activities for 968 owners and for those that would like to do something else. There are plenty of opportunities to shop, sightsee, or relax in a spa atmosphere.

Please let us know if there is any interest in attending. We will post more information as it is developed.

Jay Kravitz
Pete Fitzpatrick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#15 lee

968 Forums Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

Sounds like a great event. I hope to be there. Have you contacted Autotechnik in Pennington, NJ as a possible sposnor?

Lee from across the river in Hunterdon County.

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Newtown, PA is central to Holbert’s Porsche and Porsche of Princeton and right at the front door of RS Barn, a great opportunity to be in the heart of Porsche and 968 tuning country. Many of the most active posters on .net and 968 Forums live within a very short distance of Newtown, PA. We will encourage everyone to attend so that you have opportunities to “put a face with the name”.

Jay Kravitz
Pete Fitzpatrick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#16 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 06:18 AM

Hi Lee,

Looking forward to seeing you and all of the other owners that plan on attending.

The holidays will be over soon and the cars are snuggled in there beds for a long winters nap, so hopefully we willl put up a website and start following through with some more information.

We have several speakers interested in presenting, but race schedules for next Spring haven't been announced yet...we will see who is available and let you know.

Regards,

Jay (and Pete)

#17 Anchorman

968 Forums Addict

• Advocate
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 07:41 AM

FYI - The Chin Motorsports/TracQuest DE event at Watkins Glen is on Monday and Tuesday, May 15-16. That's going to make mid-May my 968 saturation time. Could be worse. :rolleyes:

#18 Kim

968 Forums Fanatic

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • City:Canning, NS, Canada
  • State:Nova Scotia

Posted 22 January 2006 - 09:34 AM

Where is Newtown? I am from Nova Scotia here in Canada and am looking from something like this to do about then. I can't find it on my atlas.

Kim Strong
1992 968 Cab Tiptronic
1992 968 Coupe 6-speed

#19 94SilverCab

968 Forums Enthusiast

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,560 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:45 AM

Hi Kim,

Newtown is located approximately 40 miles North of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

We are located directly off of I-95 just before I-95 crosses into New Jersey (Scudder's Falls Bridge).

We would really enjoy having you as an attendee.

Jay

#20 Kim

968 Forums Fanatic

• Site Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • City:Canning, NS, Canada
  • State:Nova Scotia

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:22 PM

I found it. So here is my plan.

If the weather is suitable, I am going to come to this. I need to go to Toronto first to get my car and drive it home (first opportunity in April) and then drive to PA from Nova Scotia for this. Will take 2 days to get there and two to get home (about 1800 km each way). I am hoping that this will be a hoot (!) and not a disaster with a breakdown or something stupid.

If there is an schedule please keep me advised.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.