• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Forums Admin

968 Forums Administration

• Site Owner
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:14 AM

Here’s the news you have all been waiting for from 968Forums.com. After 9 ½ years, Bob Larson has decided to move on to bigger and better things. We wish him well on his new journey in Dublin, Ireland.

Bob Larson purchased this site from Eric Sandoval in December of 2007, and by January of 2008 the partnership core formed that has run and maintained this site 5 times longer than Eric, himself. We have provided a safe, stable platform that has increased membership across more territory than any other website for this marque. We have all watched Bob struggle with, and reinvent almost every component of his car, making all of our cars better in the process. Without Bob, I would not have the strut brace, undercarriage brace, power steering, A/C brace, heat shield, etc. and the hours of dedicated instruction on how to fix, repair or replace components. As roughly 60 of you know, Bob produced the ONLY 968 supercharger that was both street legal and CARB certified. Bob met every challenge head on and never failed to deliver. How many of you were installing a new part from Design1Racing, had a question and picked up the phone, and received a response immediately? We can never repay or replace him as a resource.  Bob will remain a full member, and I hope that we can count on his continuing contribution to this site (though it may take 5 or 6 hours to get an answer now, instead of 10 minutes).

Many of you can speculate on how many behind the scenes conversations have taken place.  My commitment was to keep this site running with no stoppage in service, and I could not live with the site sitting static. To the many folks that offered support, contributions and offers to buy the site I thank all of you. I hope that I can count on each of you to $upport and maintain the character of this forum. It was because of these many conversations that I made a decision to increase my ownership percentage and take on only 1 new partner, Kim Strong of Halifax, Nova scotia.

Kim and I have met in both Pennsylvania and Halifax, and I have been impressed with Kim’s dedication to Porsche as a whole and his continued support of the 968 world, even though his 968 disease is currently in remission. Kim stepped up to the plate and offered the funding and strategic support so that we would not have to sell off fractional ownership of this site, and so that we can continue to grow the foundation of this community, so that it will remain for as long as there is even 1 968 left on the road.

968Forums will remain as it has for as long as its existence, an informative and dynamic meeting place for those with a desire to make the 968 experience the best it can be. There will be some changes, most which you will not see; and, this site will always remain free to members. We will be the best, most encyclopedic, and the most fun forum in the Porsche world. You, 968 enthusiasts, are why this site is so great, keep it coming!

Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.