• City:los angeles
  • State:ca
  • What year is your 968?:1994
  • What model is your 968?:Cab
  • Garage Vehicles:
  • Porsche 968 Cabriolet (1994)
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:08 AM

Of late, a number of discussions have taken turns toward hostility.  This has never been allowed.  All opinions have always been allowed, and even encouraged.  This has resulted in some colorful discussions, but they have always been civil.  Since the beginning of the election, this has changed.  People have become very polarized, and taken positions on things that, given the benefit of clarity, they would not take.  It has spun way out of control, and I am forced to put a stop to it all.  I cannot continue to allow myself to be sucked into the negative energy vortex that this site has become.  I also cannot in good conscience merely ignore it, nor can I manage to contain myself and not comment on things that I find outrageous or ridiculous.  I realize all too well that I am one of the prime offenders here.  This has taken me to a very dark place, and I am forced to do some things that, while I find personally distasteful, are necessary for my own self preservation.

I have been trying for quite some time now to get somebody else to take over the site, so that I could escape this problem.  I do not have the bandwidth for it anymore.  I also cannot stand the stress anymore.  It has resulted in way too many migraines already.  The site has always been a great place, full of diversity, while still maintaining a common interest.  I hope one day it can become that again.  It will have to be under new ownership though.

As a result, I have altered the permission sets for all members.  Many areas are now "read only".  Some areas are no longer accessible at all.  Only the technical areas will allow posts.  Even those areas will be monitored to determine if they need to be reduced to "read only".

All posts will now be reviewed.  ANY post or comment that involves any mention of anything political, inflammatory, derogatory, slanderous, libelous, or contains any other such negative connotation, will result in immediate suspension of that member.  Basically I am issuing the "Kumbaya Edict".  Everyone WILL get along.  Failure to adhere to this edict will result in the immediate suspension of the offending member.  There will be no warnings.  There will be no second chances.

I realize fully that many people will find this to be censorship, and be incensed about it.  They would be right to feel that way.  However, I have no alternative.  

This is not up for discussion.  This will remain in effect until either the site comes under new ownership, or I decide to kill it entirely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way. Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.